Crisis Connections Training Call Center Specialist in Renton, Washington
Type: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Union Representation: Represented by OPEIU
Location: In-Person role at our Renton Call Center. Opportunity to work from home.
The King County 211 Training & Outreach Specialist assists with training Information & Referral (I&R) Specialists, aids in the development of training materials, performs tasks to meet programmatic contractual requirements, develops relationships with agencies and clients at community events, provides I&R phone support and performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
The King County 211 Training & Outreach Specialist is reliable, organized and compassionate. Specialists are flexible problem-solvers who are eager to learn, willing to listen to callers and happy to help those in need.
About King County 211
We are a busy contact center (no sales or telemarketing) serving King County residents needing health and human services. We provide information and referrals to a variety of resources including (but not limited to) food, rent, utility, legal, health and employment services. You will help foster a supportive, team-focused environment that provides a unique opportunity for growth and professional development.
King County 211 is open Monday through Friday, 8 am - 6 pm. Scheduling flexibility within these hours is required.
- Must have training experience in a contact center environment.
- Must be reliable and lead by example.
- Flexible, fast learner unafraid to ask questions.
- Proven ability to work in a structured setting where punctuality, regular attendance and a positive attitude are essential.
- Problem-solver with a positive attitude and desire to learn and help others!
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to address difficult situations with patience and objectivity.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is crucial.
- Excellent working understanding of modern technology with ability to troubleshoot common issues.
- Please note that as a compliance matter, all Crisis Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Thriving employees means a thriving mission:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. We encourage everyone at Crisis Connections to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to supporting our employees by offering excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off & 12 Paid Holidays
- Discount on ORCA transit pass
- Free Parking
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement Plan
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Employer:
Crisis Connections (CC) is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. CC does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion, or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.
Crisis Connections is an equal opportunity employer. We value ha