Paccar Winch Inc. Summer Intern - Material Handling Analyst 1 Job in Renton, Washington
Summer Intern - Material Handling Analyst 1 Job
Apply now »
Date: Apr 8, 2021
Location: Renton, WA, US
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
The material handing analyst ensures our supply chain performs at a high quality level to maintain flow of material throughout the production system.
The analyst supports key metrics in safety, quality, productivity, and cost control. Area managers will define projects needing the support of the analyst to document current state process maps,
key metrics, improvement opportunities, and final process definition. Production area support entails work on moving lines, receiving docks, and offsite support suppliers.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
· Provide day to day direction and leadership to material handling trainees
· Support material handling unit managers with reports, time studies, one point lessons
· Backfill for material handling unit managers on vacation
· Conduct safety audits and area housekeeping forms
· Support continuous improvement projects throughout the materials system
· Facilitate communication paths between material control and material handling
· Conduct plant part location audits
· Perform kitting performance audits and spot checks
· Monitor and update EWI material shortages
Skills / Competencies
We are looking for students currently enrolled in a degree program for Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business or a related field.
Excellent candidates will possess:
· Excellent communication skills
· Microsoft word/Power point experience
· Strong listening skills
· Prior Lean Manufacturing experience
· Desire to expand leadership skills
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.