Paccar Winch Inc. Resident Engineering Design Job in Renton, Washington
Resident Engineering Design Job
Apply now »
Date: May 26, 2023
Location: Renton, WA, US, 98055
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Why Work at PACCAR?
PACCAR offers comprehensive benefits from time of hire through retirement for vested employees and their families. As a U.S. Salaried PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
• Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
• Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
• Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days,12 paid holidays; and sick leave.
• Tuition Reimbursement for continued education
• Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for you and your family
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Paid short and long term disability program
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• EAP services including wellness plans
• This position is also eligible for a holiday bonus
An Engineer on the Kenworth Renton Resident Engineering team will improve current product design and shape the design of future products, specifically to improve manufacturability and support of other factory department goals.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Provides design input at all phases of the product development cycle for new truck programs, contributes to design programs utilizing six sigma methodologies
• Drives closure of defects detected during production validation activities
• Undertakes special studies or investigations relating to design improvements or error corrections
• Manages projects to improve the design of current product based on plant liaison requests
• Modifies existing products or designs new parts in order to prevent manufacturing defects
• Provides on-the-spot engineering response to specific design or installation problems encountered during manufacturing
• Supports kaizen, six sigma projects, warranty reduction, and quality improvement projects by providing appropriate engineering representation and driving projects to closure
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Four year degree in engineering required
• Excellent communication skills with ability to relate technical information to plant personnel
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage projects and prototypes
• Demonstrated ability to set own work schedule and prioritize accordingly
• Moderate knowledge of PACCAR, Inc. product and how it is used
• Moderate knowledge of CICS/Mainframe or comparable software
• Moderate knowledge of Pro/ENGINEER, PCMS, and VOG or comparable software
• Moderate knowledge of Chassis Image
• Ability to understand and complete complex designs quickly
• Ability serve in a leadership role as a representative of division engineering
• Proficient at communicating effectively to all levels of the organization
• Ability to make sound decisions and act autonomously
• Professional engineering licensure preferred
• Commercial driver’s license preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in product design preferred
• Automotive experience with demonstrated understanding of mechanical and electrical devices and manufacturing processes.
• Experience with and understanding of design for six sigma and six sigma techniques.
• Moderate knowledge of the PACCAR, Inc. PCP process
At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for this position is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.