Microsoft Corporation Technical Advisor in Redmond, Washington
As cloud goes mainstream, Azure leads the way. Azure has continued the success on offering customers a world class support experience. Love services, support in the cloud? Customer obsessed? Data Driven? Collaborator? Communicator? Troubleshooter? Debugger? Then come & join ARR team to Lead, Serve, and Make the Difference.
Azure Rapid Response (ARR) team is One Service Team Award winner and a true global team staffed in America, Asia, and EMEA. We deliver end-to-end Azure solution support for the most critical enterprise customers and top startups.
We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession to customer happiness.
We are looking for Technical Advisors with a run for the fire behavior - people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who loves to get involved in difficult situations and at the same time learn.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you.
Our culture is built around 5 attributes that drive our every decision, and our every action.
Customer Obsession- we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and constant drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted - every single time without exception.
Continuous learning Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage new hires to feel included.
One Microsoft - we need to collaborate and learn to value the work of others, be willing to take their learnings and add them to our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
Making a difference - drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve your day to day responsibilities and the connections between your work and others.
The Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for ensuring the technical readiness and maintaining the technical wellness of the support engineering staff at different Microsoft sites.
You will deliver unique value by leading engineers in terms of their technical capabilities, case management and customer wellness.
Your focus is to support Microsoft Azure in Enterprise environments.
As a Technical Advisor, you will work with support engineers to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
• Work to understand the customer engagement process and with engineer directly to gather inputs on symptoms
• Provide consulting, resolution advice to engineers that will improve the customer experience. Offer technical guidance to others and share technical expertise.
• Ensure on-the-ground engineer support related to resolution of customer’s technical issues.
• Assist in customer escalations and help solve complex technical problems.
• Proactively perform case reviews and customer wellness. Recommend case escalation as appropriate and per established guidelines.
• Monitor and evaluate support engineer performance and technical readiness and evaluate and drive improvement in support engineer quality.
• Review and provide gap analysis on proposed support engineer experience. Assist with developing training plans for support engineers based on skills gap analysis, product needs, etc.
• Ensure support engineer readiness and coordinate with Release Excellence on release management plans for engineers.
• Work with readiness and training team to optimize the curriculum, reducing the delivery time requirement or to enhance the material.
• Drive implementation of improvement initiatives from the Delivery Excellence team.
• Drive awareness on opportunities for training, content, tools, process.
3 + years prior product/customer support experience.
Proven expert knowledge in one or more of the following or equivalent knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
Azure Data Factory
Data Lake Storage
Azure SQL DB
Previous experience as a member of a Technology company in a high-level Technical role.
Previous experience leading technical teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalents experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Technical proficiency in and learning attitude toward Azure technologies; previous experience as a member of one of the Azure Technical Support Pods
• Excellent Customer service skills, teamwork, problem-solving skills, capacity to deal with difficult customers and ability to thrive in ambiguity.
• Proven ability to work virtually.
• Strong Communication Skills
• Proven ability to lead people to achieve success. Experience leading technical teams.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs