Microsoft Corporation Support Engineering Manager in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
• Provide thought leadership and strategic contributions to shape a strong Customer First organizational culture.
• Ensure your team builds the technical expertise, business acumen, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to effectively represent and drive customers experiences.
• Conduct employee performance discussions, provide coaching, share feedback regularly and partner with employees on career development.
• Manage all aspects of the EEE business including reporting on and assessing business impact, executive communications and stakeholder meetings.
• Foster a strong partnership between the various stakeholders including CE&S Service Delivery, Amplify (Concierge & Engineering) and Product Engineering teams.
• Engage deeply with Product Support, and the Engineering teams to drive change, identify gaps, and synthesize feedback to proactively drive experience improvements in product, service, support, self-help and diagnostic solutions.
• Partner with peers across Modern Workplace to ensure consistency and follow-through across the business.
• Identify new supportability tools, diagnostics, and deflection opportunities to reduce support case volume and enable support engineers to solve issues faster.
• Engage and support the ROB cadence with Engineering and CSS leadership teams to raise risks and issues and identify mitigation strategies to improve the customer experience.
• 3+ years of experience leading and developing people (preferably in engineering or technical support).
• Experience working in, with and/or influencing Engineering teams.
• Technical experience / familiarity with Teams, Skype for Business, SharePoint, or OneDrive for business technologies.
• Demonstrated experience driving complex projects or programs across a complex stakeholder network.
• Demonstrated experience working in a global environment, building organizational partnerships and leading through influence in a matrixed organization.
• 5+ years in support / engineering / service engineering roles including time working with or for enterprise customers and/or partners.
• Experience developing software or managing the SDLC process in an agile environment.
• Proven examples of driving product, workflow, content or policy enhancements that benefit customers and support delivery teams.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and experience communicating with leadership.
• Experience working with & analyzing disparate datasets to inform business decisions. Ideally through self-serve query & modelling (SQL, KQL, PowerQuery).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs