Microsoft Corporation Sr Product Marketing Manager Mobile and International in Redmond, Washington
The Modern Life & Devices Team defines the consumer vision, product management, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, the area includes the Windows platform and ecosystem, the Microsoft Surface device portfolio, Office 365 consumer services, Outlook, Skype, Microsoft’s intelligent agent in Cortana and search efforts with Bing. To drive business growth and engagement with consumers, we must make smart bets on how to optimize, manage and augment our portfolio of products and underlying capabilities.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Search – mobile and international , you will be responsible for driving several of our most used applications as well as emerging cross product solutions around search. As we look to drive Bing growth, we need to be where customers are – which is on mobile as well as markets also outside of the US. This person is responsible for identifying user needs and product opportunities, partnering with design and engineering to define compelling roadmaps that are optimized over time to drive engagement, monetization and user advocacy specifically for mobile scenarios as well as in international markets. This person will build strong partnerships across a variety of groups and stakeholders from engineering, design and marketing, to formalize plans, create clarity and motivate others to better serve customers.
Delivering success includes driving growth in of engaged users, improving product quality, increasing monetization, and increasing cross service attach of additional Microsoft products and services.
You should thrive in a culture of creativity, enjoy creating clarity from ambiguity, and be energized by taking on new challenges. You need to have strong business acumen and analytical fluency and a passion for shaping customer experience. Knowledge of the web search landscape and ethnographic research is a plus.
• Define and redefine search mobile and international value propositions and look for cross group value add scenarios that provide consumers with the most value out of their daily lives.
• Drive target audience definition and customer segmentation
• Increase monthly active users and engaged usage for Bing mobile and intl
• Improve product quality and consumer sentiment for Bing mobile and intl
• Integrate other Microsoft services and tools to drive increased cross-service usage to and from Bing mobile and intl
• Drive increasing monetization opportunities for Bing mobile and intl
• Bring outside-in thinking by keeping a broad eye
• Live and breathe customer needs research and insights and help drive human centered design process to ensure future solutions are grounded in real world challenges for customers that can differentiate Microsoft offerings.
• Ability to drive change with engineering counterparts and always represent the voice – needs – and unmet needs – of the customer. Deep understanding of customer needs, mindset and value props.
• Proven ability to partner across large organizations to develop compelling propositions to help drive the business forward with definitive ROI. You must be visible and influential to ensure maximum executive buy-in and support-and to focus mindshare and resources across Microsoft.
• You should have a track record of working with internal partners to execute on your strategies with passion, precision and excellence. You must think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling. You must have the ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complex organizations.
• 6+ years of product marketing, product management or related experience. Consumer segment and search technologies preferred but not a must.
• Demonstrated creative thinking/developing innovative ideas, analytical skills, and experience in designing new complex user flows.
• Experience working across organizational boundaries to drive impact in a collaborative manner.
• Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
• Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical, design and marketing teams.
• Experience with various consumer research methods, identifying insights and recommending data-based solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs