Microsoft Corporation Software Engineering Manager in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Fulfillment Optimization and Resource Management team within CSCP is at the center of managing complex deployment architecture that lights up the capacity at our data centers. This team owns a mathematically optimized constraint solver to analyze the demand and supply gap and recommend the best plan for placing the hardware satisfying several soft and hard constraints. This leader will also manage sustainability engineering efforts to support our circular cloud initiatives. Strong empathy for the business customers, deep engineering and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to stay nimble and motivated through challenges brought up by the constantly growing and expanding customer base and demand are characteristics of our team.
We are looking for a passionate engineering lead to join the team and drive our offerings to the next level of scale and functionality by collaborating with partners and business to deliver new features to make Microsoft’s Cloud more agile. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for all every-day aspects of our distributed build tools and infrastructure, including architecture, customer interactions, roadmap decisions, backlog and product ownership, engineering quality and release processes. You’ll also make an impact through people development and career growth. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, enjoy incrementally marching to towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
• Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions.
• Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through designand codereviews.
• System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
• Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
• Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
• Improving the reliability of engineering systems.
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoftas abusiness and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience in an engineering role, with a proven track record of delivering complex products and services.
• Excellent communications skills, ability to talk to customers as well as partners and senior leaders.
• Familiarity with designing and operating distributed systems, data transformations & modeling and strong problem-solving skills.
• Deep background in all aspects of software engineering and development lifecycles.
• Passion for delivering and influencing large transformational projects.
• Proven track record of defining requirements, KPIs, priorities, and planning of the team’s deliverables.
• Experience with high throughput customer facing APIs (REST).
• Experience with high throughput User Interfaces (Angular/React, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain functions a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs