Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft 365 continues to experience incredible growth as the company focuses on its productivity cloud strategy and enabling secure remote work for its customers. As part of Microsoft Engineering, The FastTrack team has a primary role in driving this strategy and is looking for individuals that share in the passion to drive business value and customer success using Microsoft 365 and related technologies.
The FastTrack team is looking for a thoughtful, analytical, independent thinker and high energy manager to own and drive new approaches and solutions with driving revenue and growth through FastTrack. As a FastTrack Delivery PM Manager, you will lead a team to drive execution of FastTrack scorecard priorities and OKRs.
Key business metrics and responsibilities include:
Effectively communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
Ensures that the right people are in the right roles, and consistently recognizes, rewards, and manages performance. Mentors’ others.
Works with discipline peers to align priorities, processes and people appropriately.
Builds, adapts, and runs operational processes that synchronize team/organization workflows.
Drives collaboration across feature teams and ensures that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved. Begins to find ways to accomplish more by enabling others.
Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues.
Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
Promotes a positive team environment by modeling behavior that promotes good morale.
Build and/or maintain a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives.
Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps your direct reports improve their performance.
Leverage resources to help employees develop skills and support their career interests.
• 5+ years Microsoft 365 or Cloud industry experience.
• 5+ years of experience in program management leading complex initiatives.
• Experienced people manager or team leader for program management roles or similar.
• Passion for mentoring and coaching of direct reports, and generating clarity, energy and success for the team.
• Understands business objectives and plans accordingly. Critically reviews multiple plans and adjusts as needed. Proactively communicates and addresses necessary trade-offs.
• Coaches teams and mentors others in planning, organizing and coordinating their work.
• Leads others in scoping problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
• Removes barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit.
• Strong analytical skills, taking pride in making data-driven business decisions while defining and improving program initiatives.
BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs