Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Do you get excited by the unique opportunity to impact the mission critical Azure Government cloud, providing more than 7,000 Federal, State, and local customers the exclusivity, highest compliance and security, hybrid flexibility, and commercial-grade innovation they need to better meet citizen expectations? Would you like to do this working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft, relentlessly focused on customer needs and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? Then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience Team! We have developed Azure to be the state-of-the-art operating system and development platform for Microsoft’s Cloud Datacenters and our team is responsible to provide world class support experience to customers on Azure. We are now transcending the same support experience to mission critical workloads for Azure Government customers and need your help.
The Microsoft Azure Customer Experience team is looking for an energetic, customer-obsessed, data driven Senior Program Manager that is guided by vision, can drive change and innovation into how we deliver support to our Azure Government customers. In this role, you will define our operational strategy and roadmap, influence key decision makers in the org, define metrics and KPIs to drive higher efficiencies in the support experience, and continually drive improvements in the day to day operations across support and engineering teams catering to Azure Government customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of cloud support operational best practices, experience driving multi-location/multi-team support organization and background working with government organizations. This highly collaborative role will directly influence the Microsoft Azure goal to be the trusted cloud for mission critical Government services.
· Gather and assess technical and operational requirements for supporting new Government customers
· Work with Azure service teams to implement feature requests, service improvements and bug fixes on behalf of Government customers.
· Quickly innovate and validate ideas through Data driven approach delivering pilot programs and other experiments
· Define and implement effective key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure impact to business. Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify meaningful actions.
· Periodically report on KPIs to Senior Leadership and across stakeholders by interfacing with business, engineering, finance, operations, and systems teams to provide actionable insights.
· Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, sometimes unclear requirements and incomplete data
· Present findings and recommendations to key engineering decision makers and leadership team members
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
· Strong partnering and collaboration skills with engineering teams to build a shared plan and manage execution; you also demonstrate a well-established and current technical aptitude to perform your responsibilities.
· An inquisitive mindset, comfortable playing around with data, and can to rapidly learn and understand complex business processes and is able to effectively solve issues and drive process improvements.
· A knack for identifying patterns and trends in a large ecosystem of data and build the necessary processes and/or automation for stemming the bad trends while fostering the good for a better customer experience.
· Ability to quickly grasp and understand technical specifications, problems and concepts
· Able to work in a self-directed fashion with a broad spectrum of collaboration from different teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals. High personal standard to deliver a polished and quality work product with a can-do attitude. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals.
· Anticipates customer/partner needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer/partner expectations. Recognizes the issues that customers/partners want to resolve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, products and services to address customer/partner needs.
· Excellent business judgment and the ability to simplify and communicate complicated concepts. Communicate and network effectively. Successfully persuade and influence others.
· The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic strategic thinker and self-starter with demonstrated execution excellence. The person also needs to show a proven aptitude for seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems. Must have strong attention to detail and be able to work as a team player. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is required.
· 8+ years of product development and program management experience and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time.
· Experience working in or with cloud engineering group preferred. Experience with driving execution of the support delivery for a major cloud provider such as AWS, Google, or Salesforce ideal.
· BA/BS in computer science degree preferred, MBA preferred.
· Should have a mix of technical and program management skills and experience.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
In addition, you must meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
· Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
· Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
· This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
· Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.