Microsoft Corporation Senior Data & Applied Scientist in Redmond, Washington
Are you interested in radically improving the security of Microsoft’s products? Do you want to work on cutting edge malware analysis systems? Are you committed to helping Microsoft customers keep their computers secure and combating evolving malware threats? We are searching for a strong self-driven Senior Data & Applied Scientist for Microsoft Defender Security Research Team in Redmond. Microsoft Defender Security Research team is a global team of security researchers, advanced threat hunters, and agile malware responders at the forefront of protecting customers from emerging security threats. Our research powers protection in products like Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection, System Center Endpoint Protection, Office 365, Azure, and more. We are an industry leading threat research lab that does in-depth threat research with threats and exploits to help keep our customers safe. This position is aimed for top-talent that would combine
a sharp analytical mind with hands-on experience in data mining, ideally in advanced quantitative threat research
a natural gift for communicating and presenting complex analytical findings to stake holders
a keen interest and passion for security and the threat landscape
If you are a technically strong data analyst who is passionate about having huge impact in the security industry, we would love to talk to you!
• Data analyses on top of a wide range of telemetry and behavioral data that yield new insights, theories, algorithms and prototypes to advance state-of-the-art of threat protection.
• Create actionable insights from analysis to drive develop durable detection strategies across the entire kill-chain, highlight protection gaps and drive product improvements.
• Work with internal and external teams to forge new and improve existing partnerships that help mature the product and derive better insights
• Condense findings and communicate these verbally and in writing to researchers, developers and engineers through Data Visualizations and Infographics conveying clear, concise and powerful messages
• Perform ETL tasks and provide data cubes for self-service analyses.
• A university degree or at least 5+ years experience in data analysis, information design, computer science or a related technical discipline
• Extensive experience with data analysis involving statistical software tools, Big Data systems, Data Pipelines and Reporting
• Technical experience with SQL, C#, scripting languages.
• Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
• A team player with strong communication skills
• Industry experience in the security area (5+ years)
• Security and Threat focused big data analysis
• Machine Learning experience
• CosmosDB, Python, R, Spark, Azure-ML, Kusto experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs