Microsoft Corporation Professional Capabilities – Sales Skills Team Lead in Redmond, Washington
The WW Learning team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and aligned for measurable business impact. Learning is a critical lever to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, achieve success, and thrive. We believe easily accessible learning is an essential part of a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
Within WW Learning, the Global Field & Partner Learning team develops and leads cross-segment, role-based learning programs focused on increasing technical, industry, and professional capabilities, to measurably accelerate field and partner performance. Our team delivers learning programs to over 60,000 professionals across our field organization, and to over 1 million learners across our partner ecosystem.
As part of the Global Field & Partner Learning organization, this role will lead a team focused on curating and developing learning content and materials to increase the professional sales skills and capabilities of the Sales and Technical Sales Professionals in the Worldwide Commercial Business and Global Sales Marketing & Operations organizations. This will require close collaboration with the Learning Development Management team and their segment stakeholders, to ensure learning content is timely, accurate, relevant and closely aligned with the needs of our field learners. The team is comprised of Program Managers aligned to key program deliverables and secondarily to audiences (eg Inside Sales, Sales Profession, and Technical Sales Profession). Additionally, the team will work with Project Managers and Instructional Design Specialists who will bring discipline expertise and best practices and will collaborate with the Program Managers to develop innovative and engaging learning programs at scale.
This role will demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills and can work under compressed deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands flexibility, high quality, and creativity. The team will partner with a wide range of stakeholders to develop and deliver best-in-class content and training materials. Collaboration is essential to ensure the greatest potential impact against our business objectives.
• Lead and coach a high-performing team of Program Managers. Act as an effective people manager, supporting morale, engagement and career development.
• Optimize performance of the team by ensuring access to necessary resources, assets, networks and tools.
• Leverage solution area subject matter expertise to curate or create the optimal content to enable learners to accelerate growth and performance. Demonstrate specific professional capability proficiency as required to build credibility with HR, field learners, and top executives, & provide value as the learning specialist and business enabler.
• Demonstrate understanding of learner skill gaps, and partner closely with the Learning Development Management team, Field Enablement and Commercial Growth Organization stakeholders to curate the most relevant, innovative, and timely content.
• Own & manage the full experience for the learner of the program, which includes curating or creating high impact content, optimizing the UI, go-live, roll-out, support, assessment & optimization of the program while “in-market.” Prioritize curate over create.
• Ensure that the team is continuously testing & assessing the impact of the content for the learner, and in enabling the business to achieve its objectives.
• Guide the team on how to best leverage expertise in Instructional Design from within the wider Professional Capabilities team. Partner with this virtual team and with WW Learning peers to build world-class learning programs in a creative & exciting way.
• Develop innovative & engaging learning programs at scale. Proactively solicit feedback from senior leaders and critical stakeholders on the impact of the learning programs.
• Consult across the MS Learning organization on best practices for design, develop, and test learning content.
• Advise stakeholders on best practices in adult learning such as social & peer learning, gamification of learning, informal learning, and real-time performance support.
• 5 years of experience in a people management role
• 10+ years of working experience outside of college
• 8+ years of experience working with executives to set expectations and provide ongoing communications (tracking progress, providing data, analytics, and resolving issues).
• Demonstrated expertise collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver global solutions.
• Demonstrated expertise in coaching, supporting, and increasing the capabilities of team members.
• Effective analytical and project management skills, to deliver on time and on budget.
• Knowledge of the most current adult learning theories and approaches for education and learning design.
• Attention to detail while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to travel globally 10-20%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.