Microsoft Corporation Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about gaming and want to help shape the future of one of the world’s most exciting and beloved consumer brands? Can you compare and contrast the major gaming-related service offerings, experiences and market positions? Are you in your zone all the way from tackling tough strategic problems, driving market and customer insights, to rolling up your sleeves to develop and implement a marketing plan?
The Xbox Live product marketing group is searching for a high-caliber team member to help drive new service offerings, provide inputs to engineering and manage the go to market for Xbox Live services on Xbox, Windows 10 PCs, and mobile devices. The Xbox Live product marketing team drives customer and business insights, service requirements, and marketing GTM plans.
We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference. You will apply critical thinking, creativity and marketing leadership as you work closely with teams across Xbox and Microsoft that span marketing, communications, engineering, finance, business development, as well as external partners.
· Drive product and business decision support for key Xbox Live business initiatives (e.g. sizing, roadmap, new services & initiative ideation)
· Provide business and customer requirements for R&D for the current and next generation of services, working closely with engineering and research partners
· Develop the customer and partner value propositions that translate in new offerings and feature sets
· Develop and lead the Marketing GTM Plan and Story Telling, providing go-to-market coordination and leadership, working across integrated marketing teams including PR, social, marketing communications, programming and retail
· Be an expert on the competition in our core markets of opportunity, providing competitive analysis
· Project manage key work-streams in collaboration with product, business development, marketing, representing Xbox Live services, providing/managing analytical support as appropriate
· Deliver insightful recommendations in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience driving high-impact business insight and marketing performance within a major consumer products corporation that is focused on entertainment, social or gaming industry
· Top performer across the standard elements of the “product marketing” toolkit with a demonstrated track record of thought leadership and influence within an organization
· Problem solving, qualitative/quantitative analysis and recommendation packaging & delivery
· Outstanding creative, storytelling and communication skills
· Passion for gaming is a must; gaming industry experience is a plus
· MBA or graduate degree in related field desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.