Microsoft Corporation Principal Data & Applied Scientist in Redmond, Washington
Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about Cloud Computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft’s core businesses? Do you aspire to be part of a team relentlessly focused on customer needs, market expansion and advancing Microsoft Cloud’s first strategy? If yes, look no further than the Azure Global Team.
We offer engaging and motivating work where you’ll be empowered to make an impact. You will have the independence and hybrid working flexibility you need. An astute and diverse work culture is at the core of our team and broader group. We are an international team, passionate about life-long learning, that believe in data-based decision making to identify and solve problems. We take a holistic approach to problem solving and are strong believers of collaborations to harness our diverse experience, and capabilities to deliver impact.
Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider. The Azure Global Long-Range Planning Data Science team delivers Microsoft’s Long Range Infrastructure plan using state of the art econometric/ML models, risk simulations and business intelligence. We are hiring an exceptional Data Scientist to focus on creating cutting edge econometric/ ML demand and capacity need models with focus on MSFT SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings.
We are seeking a team member who can:
• Apply their expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop econometric/ ML models
• Design the 5+ year forecasting strategy across multiple components
• Understand fundamental business dynamics impacting demand, and develop automated statistical solutions for forecasting
• Ability to develop E2E models in R/ Python – including data manipulation, model building and business applications
• Partner with internal Microsoft teams such as LinkedIn, Xbox, Windows, Skype for Business, Teams, Microsoft Office 365
• Drive end-to-end projects by utilizing, applying, and analyzing data associated business problems.
• 5+ years professional experience in applications of advanced statistical, analytical techniques or equivalent
• MS in Data Science/ Economics/ Statistics or related field
• PhD preferred
• Experience in using statistical packages and standard libraries in R (dplyr, ggplot etc.), Python (NumPy, Pandas, etc.) or equivalent.
• Experience in SQL and NO-SQL databases
• Strong fundamentals in statistics and eagerness to learn advanced statistical techniques and machine learning
• Excellent (oral & written) communication and collaboration skills & high level of entrepreneurial drive
• PhD in Economics/ Statistics or related field
• Expertise in using Data Science software (R/Python) and experience in parametrizing and running statistical model inputs/ outputs
• Experience in using Databricks, Spark, Hadoop and working with Big Data
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs