MV Transportation Operations Supervisor in Redmond, Washington
MV Transportation is seeking an Operations Supervisor to assist the Operations Manager and the Director of Operations with the daily management of service delivery, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures. The Operations Supervisor will directly oversee the Dispatch area and the activities of the window office and route supervision and will assist with the oversight of operators subsequent to the direction of the Director of Operations and the Operations Manager. This person oversees the proper use of dispatch software and in vehicle technology working constantly with their team to improve service through management of this critical technology. The Operations Supervisor will review all manifests and paperwork related to dispatch/driver staff, ensure all operator and supervisor shifts are covered, ridership equipment availability, and will ensure daily operating performance and safety on all routes.
- Supervises vehicle operators and window dispatch staff.
- Monitors operations on a daily basis.
- Reviews driver staff schedules and daily manifests for efficiency and operational performance.
- Creates reports and compiles all necessary documentation both current and historical relating to operational issues.
- Counsel/coach drivers and dispatchers as required. Enforce the procedures and policies delineated in the Employee Handbook, CBA, and local division procedures.
- Respond to client requests.
- Interface with other Division personnel to insure the achievement of division goals.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in recent and relevant supervisory position.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in a Fixed route transit capacity and have experience in scheduling, personnel management, policy enforcement, and training.
- Experience in MS Office software is a must.
- The qualified candidate must be able to work independently and have strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the contractual obligations is a must to perform this job correctly.
- Knowledge of company policy assures that the operation supervisor is using consistent measures to assess a driver`s activity.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Redmond, WA
Job Type: Customer ServiceTrainingTransportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/1/2019