Microsoft Corporation Investigative Data Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Channel and Intellectual Property Protection Services Investigator/Investigative Data Program Manager
Come as you are. Do what you love.
Microsoft a global company, located in over 100 countries, with revenues of over $80bn. Many people think Microsoft = software - but we also do hardware, services, research and more. Think Windows, Windows Server, Azure and Visual Studio. Online services such as Bing and MSN. Business solutions like Office and Exchange and devices like Surface, Xbox, Kinect, Windows Mobile, and more. We're passionate about what we do.
We run our company in much the same way. Our employees come as they are and do what they love. We work hard, but we value work/life balance, and each of us defines what that means to us. So why not explore what we do, where we do it, and what life is really like at Microsoft? You just might be surprised.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
We invite you to explore the Channel and Intellectual Property Protection (CHIPP) services Investigator position at Microsoft Redmond. As a CHIPP Investigator, you will have a great opportunity to shape how we proactively and reactively address emerging piracy threats to Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to help identify, scope and remediate piracy activity across a wide range of programs and channels. We are looking to expand our investigations team to provide greater coverage with individuals that like to solve complex problems using analytical tools.
You will be responsible for analyzing data from multiple sources within Microsoft. You will use that data to identify trends, exploits, and scope of non-genuine activity. You will contribute to pattern recognition algorithms, both operational and ad-hoc basis. You will use that information to work across virtual teams to raise awareness of the issue, scope, and remediation phases. You will regularly track activity and report out activity and progress related to various cases. You will also contribute to help evaluate long term controls which will help improve systems and tools.
• Identify and scope threats, and theft of Microsoft and Partners Intellectual Property.
• Both lead and participate in virtual teams in Investigation tasks, working in a team across geographic distances.
• Provide visibility to CHIPP and Partners regarding threats and attacks across multiple business channels.
• Informs both current business decisions, and decisions projected in advance, by identifying and interpreting complex processes and patterns.
• Drive process and capability improvements.
• With input from senior management, defines and manages strategic implementation for both new and improved processes for Microsoft and vendor capabilities.
• Results are demonstrated by meeting relevant success metrics (for example, time to detection of compromise, mitigation velocity, and cross-functional process efficiency).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related technical field, or equivalent business experience.
• 4+ years of experience analyzing big data and modelling data.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL and other relational databases In-depth understanding of sophisticated threat modelling.
• Highly developed analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency of basic program management.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong written & verbal communications skills.
• High degree of curiosity and problem solving skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.