Microsoft Corporation Director Product Marketing- Retail and Consumer Goods in Redmond, Washington
The Global Industry Marketing team is focused on driving the industry marketing strategy for our priority industry verticals. The Industry Director will lead that effort for the Retail & Consumer Goods industry and ensure that the MSFT POV is delivered to our BDM audience in a way that resonates effectively and prompts them to find out more. The Global Industry Marketing team is responsible for the industry outcomes in addition to owning line of business narratives for the Retail & Consumer Goods industry. The Industry Director should possess a strong mix of marketing creativity, industry professional experience, team matrix management, and excellent communication and collaboration skills. As Industry Director, you will work across WW C+E Marketing, WCB , OCP and C+E Engineering to drive positive customer experiences and product/technology adoption for the Retail & Consumer Goods.
• Owner and center of gravity for the industry strategy, and articulate that strategy through the strategy document. This includes major trends, emerging technologies, prioritized scenarios and an inventory of initiatives across the org in order to assist in the prioritization.
• Define, prioritize and land the messaging and positioning for the Retail & Consumer Goods to support our industry growth ambitions.
• Direct the definition of the Retail & Consumer Goods Connected Scenario and the BDM storytelling overlay
• Architect the Retail & Consumer Goods industry event narrative
• Ensure the industry strategy and contained Connected Scenarios are imparted into the industry AR narrative
Key requirements include:
• 5+ years of Demonstrated Retail & Consumer Goods immersion, and ability to express a POV across a wide range of subject matters within Retail & Consumer Goods
• Demonstrated track record of success in product marketing and marketing communications
• Passionate, results-driven and organized approach, with an attention to detail. A self-starter who can create and deliver scalable-communication plans from concept to delivery, including an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, effectively driving to measurable results.
• The ability to work independently in ambiguous and changing environments, along with great listening, collaboration and partnering skills.
• Strong executive presence, cross-group collaboration and communication skills that drive influence among the senior leaders across a highly-matrixed organization.
• Strong people manager and team builder. Fostering an environment where people can thrive, do their best work and feel appreciated and recognized.
• An understanding of Microsoft’s cloud computing technologies and go-to-market strategies
• Experience in Sales and Marketing strategy, Communication strategy and Corp and field strategy.
• BS/BA degree, MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
• 10+ years direct experience in product marketing and/or product management of retail and consumer goods or at a retail and consumer goods company
• Ability to travel up to 50% of work time is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.