Microsoft Corporation Cloud Support Escalation Engineer - CTJ in Redmond, Washington
Are you ready to join a team of the world’s best technical experts to enable the success of Microsoft solutions for some of Microsoft’s most critical customers and solve their most complex problems? We are looking for a technical leader with the right mix of software development, on-line services experience and passion for quality focused on Office 365 government cloud service offerings. As a trusted advisor to our customers, partners, and product/engineering teams, you will have influence over the implementation and administration of multi-million-dollar, enterprise level customer configurations.
Cloud Support Escalation Engineers investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues escalated from colleagues using mostly code level techniques. The Cloud Support Escalation Engineers frequently collaborates with Support and Product Group Engineers and, if a code defect is discovered, is responsible for driving the Product Group bug process. Often CSEE issues are not only technically complex, but politically charged situations requiring the highest skill levels of conflict resolution and collaboration to speak for the Product Group at a source code level. CSEE’s strong suit is in employing problem isolation techniques, internals, and code knowledge to solve unknown problems. You will become the world’s best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
As an CSEE you will demonstrate customer obsession and a growth mindset. Identifying business challenges, trends, solutions, and making proposals to impact the broader business is also a core focus of the role. This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule as a subject matter expert to other Engineers. You may have the opportunity for some occasional domestic and / or international travel.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, understand the customer needs and deliver world class customer experiences
• Exhibit technical leadership to multiple cross-platform projects and teams (e.g. CSS Support Readiness, Serviceability teams, Support Delivery teams) through personal responsibility, and accountability and teamwork
• Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences
• Collaborate with Engineering teams regularly to provide technical reviews and action plans for the customers and drive the Product Group bug process
• Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code and other proprietary tools to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet the customer needs.
• Communicate with other Microsoft groups often to influence decisions and deliver product improvement and effective mitigations to address problem areas, issues and risks
• Create training and other readiness materials for internal consumption and deliver training to global audiences to ensure support readiness at the launch of new products and features.
• Mentor and coach others to share your expertise and grow the organisation’s capability
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of technical industry experience in administration, consulting, development, or support.
• 2+ years of experience with enterprise server products such as: Exchange, SQL, IIS, O365 and SharePoint or similar Microsoft or competitive Windows based products.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience Candidates should have five years or more experience in the design, planning, implementation and management of IT solutions.
• Three years of experience in supporting large Enterprise environments
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated technical experience with the
Microsoft O365 Cloud technologies:
o Messaging (ExO/EOP/Outlook) and/or
o Productivity (OneDrive/SPO) and/or
o Communications (Teams/Skype) and/or
o Office 365 Applications (Portal, Scripting, Commerce, Partner, ProPlus, Office Online, Project, Sway, Planner, etc) and/or
o Security (SCC, MIP, MDATP)
• Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.
• Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills, team work, capacity to deal with difficult customers and ambiguity
• Ability to handle high pressure situations well
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Basic Networking knowledge (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
• Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
• Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs