Microsoft Corporation Business Manager in Redmond, Washington
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can bring world-class business management, process implementation, and support to the CVP of the Communications and Time Management team.
This is a highly collaborative and visible role, requiring close alignment with engineering teams across Microsoft. This role will also be responsible for day-to-day interactions with partner organizations such as Finance, HR and Operations. It is an exciting opportunity that provides significant management interaction across many organizations, and the opportunity to impact, shape and simplify our business. It requires strength in business analytics, project management, execution, communication, and collaboration.
As Business Manager you will be responsible for driving operational excellence and spend management (right-sized capacity, resource, and fiscal planning). You will own significant portions of our budget; ensuring actuals, forecast, and budget are clearly tracked and disseminated to key stakeholders.
The best candidates will possess a strong finance skillset, natural business curiosity, be detail oriented, driven, organized, and have a friendly demeanor. Success in this role means that you must be able to think strategically at a global level and effectively develop key processes that facilitate business planning and execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, and the ability to manage high volume, high impact work on short deadlines.
· Easily adapt to a dynamic environment (business, people, technology, culture, processes)
· Ability to create and manage complex Excel workbooks that track spend and headcount globally
· Open, confident communicator, effective engagement at all levels of the company
· Exhibit problem solving skills and the capacity to generate analytical insight related to the financial management of a fast-paced and ever-changing organization
· Strong project management capabilities and effective multitasking in a dynamic and adaptive environment
· Ability to impact and influence at all levels of the organization by building positive working relationships with stakeholders
· High personal accountability and proven team collaboration capabilities
· Demonstrate high levels of executive maturity and trust
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Education or experience in finance and/or operations management
Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in fast paced results-driven culture
Familiarity and with Microsoft Tools (e.g. HeadTrax, MyOrder, MS Inquire) and rhythm of business processes (e.g. Forecast, LRP, Targets, Budget)
Relocation will not be provided for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.