Microsoft Corporation Attorney in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Corporation has an immediate opening for an experienced attorney in the Procurement & Contracting group of its Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs (CELA) department. The position will involve (i) drafting, negotiation, and interpretation of wide variety of technology and other procurement agreements with an emphasis on outsourcing and professional services procurement; (ii) legal support for client-managed procurement projects and programs relating to professional services procurement, including around gig economy and data protection, and (iii) engagement with client business desks and the CELA Global Contracting Office as the attorney escalation point for general contract negotiations and drafting issues.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Negotiating multiple complex hardware, technology services, professional services, software licensing, cloud services, and other procurement contracts.
• Be involved in the various stages of the procurement cycle and advising clients on a variety of topics relating to supplier engagements, transactions and issues.
• Collaborating across CELA to negotiate corporate-wide procurement agreements in support of different business groups across the company.
• Advising procurement and information technology groups on legal issues, consulting with experts and advising on matters related to data protection and privacy, accessibility, tax implications, risk management, audit, intellectual property, information technology, and corporate compliance related to supplier engagements.
• Handle escalations from the CELA Global Contracting Office and client business desks to resolve negotiation roadblocks in an efficient manner, within a designated turnaround time.
• Draft and prepare fallback and negotiation manuals for various non-revenue contract templates, including supplier contracts, sponsorship agreements, inbound cloud service agreements, etc.
We are looking for someone with the following:
A minimum of five years’ experience as a commercial transactional attorney.
Substantial experience in supplier / procurement transactions, with a technology focus, is a strong plus.
Experience dealing with data privacy and security issues a plus.
Ability to partner effectively with clients in a team environment, working across a large number of diverse internal groups, teams and divisions.
Excellent communications, drafting, and negotiation skills.
Confidence and ability to quickly identify, analyze and develop creative and smart solutions to difficult problems and challenges.
Desire to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and a growth mindset.
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and focus on the strategic needs of the business.
Strong drive to serve the company’s best interest and do the right thing.
Licensed to practice law in the United States and excellent academic credentials.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs