Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician in Raymond, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Raymond Lumber mill is seeking qualified Journey Level Industrial Electricians.
The Raymond facility consists of a log yard, sawmill, dry kilns, planer and shipping operations. The mill currently manufactures kiln dried Hemlock and Douglas Fir lumber products in support of the business’s strategic plan.
This is a full-time hourly position, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The facility currently operates on a two-shift posture (sawmill and planer); however, the maintenance department works a variety of shifts dispersed over a 24/7 schedule.
- Perform various tasks related to the electrical trade
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment including power distribution and motor control systems (480V), PLC's (mostly Allen-Bradley, ControlLogix, Motion controllers (mostly Tempo sonic), Adjustable Frequency drives (A/B-Rockwell Power Flex) and Process control equipment including HMI’s
- Provide PLC programming support (troubleshooting and upgrading); run conduit and wire/rewire systems
- Ability to troubleshoot 480v and low voltage electrical systems, AC and DC
- Ability to troubleshoot, set up, and program variable speed drives
- Ability to read equipment manuals, blueprints, and schematics
- Must demonstrate logical problem-solving skills and react appropriately in upset situations.
- Computer skills and fluent with standard Microsoft office products
- Able to work with computerized maintenance system for processes, stores, work orders, etc
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problems solving skills
- Dedicated, self-motivated team member, willing and able to work independently and in a team system
- Must be willing and able to work shifts, call-ins, holidays, and overtime
- Be involved in safety and safety improvement efforts mill wide
Willingness and ability to work at heights, climbing stairs and ladders, lift up to 50 pounds, work in an environment containing wood dust and in hot or cold environments, and perform the essential functions of the position
High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Industrial Electrical maintenance skills
- Willing and able to work any shift
- Personal hand tools of the trade (specialty tools will be provided)
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of computers (Windows, DOS) and process control equipment
- Stable, verifiable work history with demonstrated commitment to safety
- Prior experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Control Logix PLC’s, as well as experience with variable speed AC & DC drives
- Minimum of 4 years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably wood products
- Non-Residential Maintenance Electrician (07) certification or equivalent experience
Compensation:Your wages and benefits are set by the labor agreement between Weyerhaeuser and the union representing employees at this work site. Weare targeting a pay range of $32.910 - $38.04based on your level of skills, qualifications and experience.
Benefits: When you join our team, you and your family will be covered by our comprehensive health benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
Retirement: Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, which includes a paid company match in addition to our annual contribution equal to 5% of your base salary.
Paid Time Off or Vacation:This position receives paid vacation eligibility in accordance with our union collective bargaining agreement. We offer paid vacation and holidays, more information can be provided upon request.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core valuesand we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician
Requisition ID: 01019990
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs