Washington State Rest Area Attendant- Transportation in Prosser, Washington
The Opportunity: The South Central Region Maintenance Team is seeking a Part-Time Rest Area Attendant to perform routine and preventive maintenance for the Prosser Rest Area and other facilities in conjunction with the Rest Area. This position requires a self-directed individual who takes independent action to resolve maintenance problems as they occur. Washington motorists expect to find a safe, clean, and well maintained facility during their travels; and it is up to the attendant to successfully maintain these facilities to keep them in clean and serviceable condition. The Rest Area Attendant will possess a willingness to work any shift, often for long hours on short notice, including weekends and holidays. This individual will demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service when responding to and assisting the traveling public with inquiries and complaints.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy a continuously changing environment, with a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT.
The*Rest Area Attendant* will perform the following work:
- Perform janitorial services at the Prosser Rest Area, including but not limited to: cleaning, scrubbing, disinfecting walls, sinks, toilets, urinals, and floors.
- Replenish and maintain inventory of supplies for Rest Area, Mechanical Rooms, and RV Dump Station.
- Clean and maintain RV Dump Station.
- Inspect, repair, replace, and paint buildings, tables, signage, fixtures, and equipment as needed.
- Check grounds for and make minor repairs due to vandalism.
- Maintain landscaped areas by mowing, trimming, and pruning trees and shrubbery; weeding and fertilizing lawns,
- Clear grounds by sweeping, spraying, or performing snow and ice removal.
- Pick up litter and debris, collect garbage bags from receptacles, and place them in garbage truck.
- Operate and maintain underground irrigation systems, replace or repair sprinklers and piping.
- Provide excellent customer service when responding to and assisting the traveling public with inquiries and complaints; and report unauthorized activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal candidate for this position will have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A valid Washington State Driver's License.
- One year of commercial or residential contracted cleaning experience with current knowledge of janitorial practices, materials and tools used.
- Experience working with designated hazardous materials for cleaning purposes.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning restrooms, facilities, and landscaping.
- Experience operating a wide variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and machinery.
- The capability to work any shift including evenings, weekends, split shifts, and holidays; and respond to unscheduled call-outs to meet emergent needs and required job functions.
- The ability to lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds of various materials in inclement weather; while traversing uneven terrain, near moving vehicles.
- Effective communication skills with diverse groups utilizing oral, written, and electronic communication methods with internal and external customers; such as coworkers, managers, and the traveling public.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "APPLY" button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will need to attach a resume and cover letter to your electronic application, and answer the supplemental questions. Your cover letter should describe how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: * For inquiries about this position, please contact *Amber St. Aubin at StAubiA@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-*SCR-51066*.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visithttps://www.uscis.gov/_. _
Salary: $13.56 - $17.90 Hourly
Location: Benton County – Prosser, WA
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-SCR-51066
Closing: 7/25/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact