Colville Casinos Vault Auditor in Omak, Washington
Conducts reviews of vault (cage) and occasionally related money handling departments to determine accuracy of financial information, and once information is determined to be correct, performs accounting functions and maintains records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), established policies and procedures, Tribal, State and NIGC requirements; performs duties in a customer service friendly, efficient and profitable manner that promotes superior staff, customer and vendor relations.
- Examines operations and procedures for compliance with established policy.
- Reviews and verifies Casino Cage check-in/check-out, vault inventory, chip inventory and cage main bank reports for accuracy.
- Performs general sorting, filing, and other clerical duties.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all information within the department.
- Occasionally reviews and verifies revenue center type documents such as Food & Beverage, Sweet Shop, Hotel, Lounge and Spa documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Occasionally enter daily revenues into computerized revenue journal.
- Prepares reports of revenues and cash transactions
- Prepares journal entries as necessary to maintain general ledgers in good order.
- Prepares daily cash journals for items like Kiosks, Global, ATM, etc.
- Maintains various files and schedules in good order to support the accounting system.
- Prepares documentation and/or findings report; may participate in review of findings with management.
- Verifies cashier returns, identify variances, jackpot verifications and entering detail information on jackpots into tax filing system.
``` - Track and record promotional prize award. Completes Exception reports and distributes to management when necessary and document errors are found during review process.
``` - Assists other accounting personnel as job duties are completed; acts as backup when needed. - Provides functional advice or training to less experienced auditors. - Provides superior customer service to employees and managers with professional, timely, and thorough responses using multiple communication avenues if needed. - Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- College level bookkeeping preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting or Casino Cage experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple information ports by comparing and contrasting data to draw a conclusion or to identify accuracy.
- Ability to clearly communicate or present findings and numerical data.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Windows based programs.
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculator.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work closely, productively, and professionally with other individuals in a team environment to fulfill duties/assignments.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to complete clerical duties quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work variable hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a current and valid Tribal Gaming License.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to occasionally walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to frequently bend, squat and reach.
Ability to frequently push and pull 10 pounds.
Ability to seldom push and pull 50 pounds.\<