Washington State UI Process Review Analyst: Olympia (MA4) in Olympia, Washington
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce – starting right at ESD!
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD) we believe in the #PowertoHelp when people need it most. We provide our communities with inclusive workforce solutions that promote economic resilience and prosperity. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and now provide paid family and medical leave.
Only current employees of the Employment Security Department are eligible for this opportunity.
Why work with us? *Our *agency's mission and values** drive every decision that we make, determine how we interact with others and are at the core of who we are. We value Collaboration, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Innovation, and Integrity, Investing in our people and Service with kindness. We understand that a work environment that respects your work/life balance is key that's why many of our positions are eligible for flexible work schedules and teleworking opportunities. Through support, value and trust our employees are empowered to grow and develop into their best self.
We have a great opportunity for an efficiency and quality driven Unemployment Process Review Analyst.
Our UI Process Review Analyst supports our mission by ensuring Washington's workers and employers succeed in the global economy by delivering superior employment services, timely unemployment benefits, and a fair and stable unemployment insurance system. The Unemployment Insurance (UI) Quality Assurance unit within the Policy, Data, Performance and Integrity Division supports our efforts to ensure the integrity of the UI trust fund by ensuring payments and contributions are accurate, claim decisions are appropriate and legally correct, and the agency’s personnel are achieving federally-mandated acceptable levels of performance.
If you are ready to make a positive impact on Washington’s *workers and employers, read on! *
As the Unemployment Process Review Analyst, you will provide senior level advice and consultation to agency executives regarding complex issues involving process improvement and policy development. You will be a member of a process review team committed to proactive intervention and providing solutions having statewide impact. Your attention to detail will be paramount as you will assist in conducting federally mandated audits of Unemployment Insurance (UI) programs to determine compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
What a typical day looks like:
- Coordinate development and submittal of assigned performance measurement reports, including narrative drafts and management deliverables and timelines.
- Coordinate annual and quarterly reports to US Department of Labor regarding progress on corrective action plans, Supplemental Budget Requests, ad-hoc inquiries, and other required reports.
- Review, analyze and consult on federal and state legislation, policies and directives to determine their impacts on procedures and processes and recommend implementation strategies.
- Coordinate with multiple divisions within the agency to respond to external audits and other requests for information and data.
- Prepare presentations for agency management, create talking points for agency officials and compile the expansive materials on short deadlines
- Prepare division strategic plans, reviews and operational reports.
To request a detailed position description click *here.*
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, law, public health, health administration, or a related field.
Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in conducting research and analyzing policies, laws, rules, or regulations. Or
A combination of education and/or relevant experience.
A Master's degree will substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Two years’ experience in UI operations and/or process review. Additional Requirement of Employment:
Must be able to pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim & Benefit Information Review. Must be a current employee of the Employment Security Department. Supplemental Information
Apply Here! * Please submit your Cover Letter, and Resume with your on-line application through the Add Attachments field. A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application or vice versa. Applications with blank fields, or supplemental question responses with comments such as "see attachments" may be considered incomplete. *More than Just a Paycheck *Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages* in the nation. Beyond the traditional benefits such as Health, Life Insurance, Retirement, and related benefits, we offer Flex Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Assistance, Deferred Compensation and so much more. We take work life balance seriously and many of our offices offer flexible work hours with a wider variety of shift and schedule option to assist in this. *Modern Workplace ESD's employee engagement continued to trend upward in 2018 as we developed programs to improve the employee experience. We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience. *Opportunity for All The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or if you have general questions about this opportunity, please contact *Dawn Loduha*, the Talent Acquisition Team, or Washington Relay Service 711.
- This recruitment may be used to fill additional agency-wide positions in accordance with Article 4 of the WFSE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Salary: $61,224.00 - $80,292.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2021-01498
Closing: 3/1/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact