Washington State Toll Accounting Manager in Olympia, Washington
About WSDOT Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
The Opportunity Are ready to motivate a team to even greater success? Are you ready to help lead our team into the future? Do you want to be part of a team that is committed to supporting your growth and development? If you answered yes, this opportunity might be the right fit for you. WSDOT is currently seeking a Toll Accounting Manager in Olympia, WA to oversee accounting operations for the Toll Program. The position is also responsible for providing critical strategic leadership within WSDOT and to contracted vendors involved in the accounting operations of the Toll Program. This position is the primary authority for toll accounting and is the Accounting and Finance Services (AFS) liaison with the Toll Customer Service Center (CSC) vendor and Toll Back Office System (BOS) vendor. These services are delivered through effective and efficient management of three professional level financial staff.
What to Expect The Toll Accounting Manager plans, organizes and manages the Toll Accounting Team. This is accomplished through the management and oversight of three professional level accounting staff and through oversight of the accounting-related activities of the Toll CSC vendor. The leadership and technical expertise (accounting and systems) of this position is critical in the design, implementation, and management of the WSDOT contracted Toll BOS system. Serving as WSDOT’s highest level statewide expert on toll accounting, this position also develops complex financial reports used by executives and the public. This position makes decisions based on judgment and interpretation of broadly outlined and complex regulations, principles and guidelines promulgated by Office of Financial Management (OFM) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Toll Accounting Manager will:
- Primary responsibility for managing the activities of the Toll Accounting Team duties
- Acts as the WSDOT designated accounting and financial management subject matter expert for toll accounting.
- Responsible for monitoring, oversight, and financial reporting for state toll revenue accounts.
- Ensures the accuracy and reliability of financial information contained within the Toll BOS vendor systems.
- Ensures toll accounting policies and practices are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), GASB, and federal and state laws.
- Responsible for leadership, performance review, training, and development of two professional level fiscal analysts and one WMS (management) position.
Offers expert accounting and financial management consultation. Qualifications To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
Bachelor’s degree, with concentration in Accounting. Additional experience may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of five years’ recent experience working in complex government accounting organizations.
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of complex financial and administrative systems.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant or Master’s degree (Master of Business Administration or Accounting).
- Experience leading, developing and supervising employees.
- Experience with toll accounting.
- Experience developing or reviewing and approving system test plans.
- Experience with WSDOT financial systems (i.e. TRAINS).
- Experience with WSDOT funding sources and federal grant management requirements.
- Experience working for a financial organization supporting a federal/state/local transportation agency.
*Important Notes *
The official duty station for this position will be in Olympia, WA. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is anticipated to work 100% remotely through June 2021. *Why WSDOT *
Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 10 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information. Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible. In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity. * *
*WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may *contact the listed Recruiter.
*WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit *www.uscis.gov_ _
Contact us For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Amanda Strebeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to reference Toll Accounting Manager in the subject line.
Salary: $82,428.00 - $105,696.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 20DOT-HQ-0W339
Closing: 3/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact