Travelers Software Engineer (Remote) in Olympia, Washington
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$91,100.00 - $150,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
The Travelers Indemnity Company an opening for a Software Engineer.
Travelers offers a work location model that is designed to support flexibility. This role will be based 100% remote.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support applications, systems and platforms that provide acquisition targeting, retention modeling projects, predictive analytics, call routing, data architecture and in-depth data analysis.
• Perform analysis, development, testing, debugging, configuration, incident investigation, documentation, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user/system design specifications.
• Provide tier one, two, and three support for cloud and physical networks, servers, operating systems, and processes.
• Monitor, manage, and administer Serverless, Linux, and Window computer platforms.
• Support critical aspects of technology operations in areas including production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security.
• Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT cloud strategy.
• Create and maintain build scripts, templates and other artifacts for the infrastructure stack.
• Provide technical development and maintenance of core InsuraMatch platforms including, and not limited to Twilio Contact Center, Amazon Web Services Computing environment, IBM Cloud and IBM Watson environment and Salesforce CRM system.
• At least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
• At least 1 year of experience with active systems administration in UNIX/Linux and Windows environments.
• At least 1 year of experience with P2P networking and serverless computing.
• At least 1 year of experience using LAMP platforms; Node.js.; MySQL and SQL query and schema design.
• At least 1 year of experience using Agile development working model – Jira, Confluence, Git.
• At least 1 year of experience using Chef, Puppet, and/or other automated deployment methodologies.
• At least 1 year of experience with serverless application development and computing principles.
• At least 1 year of experience using multimedia applications messaging including SIP, WebRTC, SMS, and MMS.
• At least 1 year of experience with Peer to Peer and OTT applications and communications channels.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ .
- Travelers Jobs