Oracle Software Development Snr Manager in Olympia, Washington
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 144039 in the subject line of the email.
We’re looking for Senior Manager of Software Development with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will lead the software development team and development for major services of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
· You will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and strategy
· Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
· Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her and other related teams.
· Delivering large scale project on-time with the high quality
· 1-4 years of people management or technical lead experience in enterprise software
· Strong knowledge of Java, C++ or C, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
· Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
· Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
· Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
· Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure services a strong plus.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
- Oracle Jobs