Washington State Return-to-Work Assistant - FT2 in Olympia, Washington
Note:*_"The salary listed for this position includes the Legislative approved general wage increase of 2% effective July 1, 2018."_*
This is a non-permanent appointment which is anticipated to last up to 12 months.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Office of HR & Safety is seeking to fill a Fiscal Technician 2 position to serve as the Return to Work Assistant. This position will assist the Return to Work Unit in obtaining more Stay at Work (SAW) reimbursements via assisting senior HR Consultants in documenting the light duty work of our statewide injured employees.
The successful incumbent will work directly on SAW applications and tasks as well as assist other Senior Consultants on other Return to Work duties. If you are an aspiring professional looking to gain insight and experience into a unique area within WSDOT's HR & Safety Division, we strongly encourage you to apply.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives whilefostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video:Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Perform Stay at Work (SAW) reimbursement tasks including identifying potential SAW opportunities, providing direct communication with involved stakeholders, obtaining "fair wages" representation, tracking/obtaining and submitting payroll documents to WA Dept. of Labor and Industries.
- Manage the Return to Work Unit's SAW Tracking Database.
- Perform payment processes and reconciliations involved with maritime claims, medical/cure invoices, travel and prescription reimbursements using agency software.
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries regarding the status of invoices and payments and provide information/ documentation as requested.
- Provide claims related assistance to Senior Return to Work staff when requested.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience working with accounting software and processing/paying invoices.
- Knowledge of L&I; claims.
- One (1) year of experience working in an HR (or similar) office working with confidential medical information.
- Prior experience with Workers Compensation/industrial insurance claims.
- Experience working with medical related vendors and processing medical bills.
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Eirik Landesat 360-705-7758 or email to LandesE@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-HQ-04579.
*WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/. *
Salary: $13.87 - $18.30 Hourly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-HQ-04579n
Closing: 7/22/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact