Fresh Consulting Product Owner (Digital Financial Services) in Olympia, Washington
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs - https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Product Owner
Duration: Contract w/ possibility of full-time employment
Location: Hybrid. Within 40 miles of Olympia, WA. Required to be in-person during meetings.
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
You are a key member of the Agile Scrum team and will represent the voice of both the member and employee to execute digital vision.
The Product Owner works with stakeholders to define and prioritize the backlog, to ensure alignment with member, employee and program needs to maximize business value.
Key elements to the success of the Product Owner role are establishing transparency and visibility into the team’s work.
Significant effort will be invested in working collaboratively with both internal and external partners to fulfill the digital strategy.
Supports the brand while observing operating and code of conduct standards.
Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Establishes the team goals and vision, energizes and encourages the team to deliver results.
Works closely with stakeholders to create, prioritize, and iteratively deliver the best business value.
Responsible for Product Backlog, activities including:
o Own and maintain the Product Backlog.
o Prioritizing the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and the digital vision.
o Aligns teams to the CFT program while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the work.
o Product Owner and Scrum Master work together to optimize the value of the work.
o Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear.
o Ensuring the team understands items in the product backlog.
• Delivering feedback to stakeholders from feedback, testing and team recommendations.
• Evaluate solutions with team members for future features.
• Collaborates organizational readiness and delivers completed work produced by the team.
• Lead planning for portfolio roadmap; setting and coordinating expectations for delivery of new functionality.
• Work with the team to ensure the proper scope and detail of requirements for iterative delivery; accountable for acceptance criteria for existing and new products/services.
• Communicates trade offs between expectations and realities to stakeholders and align on prioritization.
• Stay up to date on relevant industry trends and best practices and constantly exchange ideas
• Performs other related duties.
• Attend meetings and conferences that may require overnight travel.
• 8+ years overall experience as Business Analyst or Product Owner.
• 2-3+ years of experience with agile methods, frameworks and tools.
• Certifications - Agile/Scrum, CSPO or similar.
• A technical background or knowledge for sprints and standups with the engineering team involved in software development, coding and designing, product development architecture, scrum and Agile development methodologies, user experience principles, product backlog management.
• Knowledge of advanced excel, SQL or related database systems.
• Have professional demeanor with excellent communications skills, an influencer with customer advocacy.
• Familar with technology investment tools such as Symitar.
• An undersanding of Azure development.
• Knowledge of agile methods and frameworks.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence across the organization and build strong internal and external partnerships at all levels.
• Strategic skills include business planning, product strategy and product roadmap, analytics, market research and validation, and product discovery.
• Tactical skills include product backlog prioritization and management, personas, user stories, product validation techniques, and technical understanding.
• Proficiency with technical writing, and experience delivering written and oral presentations to audiences at all levels, with the ability to articulate and translate market trends and customer needs to a written scope.
• Sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates effective team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills.
• Strong facilitation within teams and lead dialog amongst stakeholders.
• General knowledge of budgeting and business math.
• Proven ability to identify, define, and resolve problems.
• Hands-on strategic thinker with the willingness to take risks based on analysis.
• Leadership skills include empathy, vision, communication, decision-making, stakeholder management, and product ethics.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and direct the work of others in a direct reporting and matrix environment, in cross-disciplinary efforts and through multiple departments to achieve goals and objectives.
• Servant Leadership skills.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Previous line or operations management experience.
• Digital financial services product knowledge.
• Scrum Alliance Certified and/or PMI-ACP applicants, and Product Owner Certified candidates.
• Experience with Financial services, Banking, Digital Payments, Investment Banking, Lending, or Accounting.
• Well-versed in project management methodologies.
Education: Bachelors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
Local candidates only, we are unable to provide relocation support at this time.
Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $50/hr - $70/hr.
Powered by JazzHR