Flagstar Bank Principal Quantitative Analyst - Consumer Lending (Remote) in Olympia, Washington
Job Summary Flagstar is looking for an experienced Quantitative Analyst to help fuel the growth of our consumer and indirect lending businesses. In this role, you will lead the build and implementation of quantitative solutions to solve wide breadth of problems across pricing, loss mitigation and underwriting functions within the consumer finance group. You will be responsible for building statistical models and optimization algorithms to drive business value. You\'ll be working alongside our business leads and model development team to develop, deploy and maintain the data science solutions. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded skillset with both technical know-how of data science and functional knowledge of credit risk. Pay Range: \$86,200.00 - \$125,600.00 - \$165,000.00 Job Responsibilities:
- Work with several machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to help build forecasting, scoring and optimization models for consumer finance lines of business.
- Work with large and complex data sets to develop quantitative solutions to derive meaningful insights and to make recommendations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to fulfill the strategic direction of the business through exploratory data analysis and advanced analytical techniques.
- Partner with in-house data science team to help build core analytical capabilities and processes.
- Develop key performance metrics and proof of concepts that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Work within the existing operating model to enhance automation and efficiencies in processes for model development, production and tracking.
- Provide technical thought-leadership and execution plans for diverse set of business initiatives.
- 8+ years of hands on technical experience in a data management, predictive modeling, quantitative risk analysis or equivalent role in financial services.
- Experience in consumer credit a must.
- Master\'s Degree Required (quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or Computer Science)
- Ability to convert and communicate complex statistical information to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to translate ideas into adaptable methods from data extraction to implementation and validation.
- Communicate effectively with data science and quantitative development teams about models and integration strategies.
- Coordination of large-scale projects with stakeholders from both business and technical teams.
- Strong knowledge of mathematical and statistical modeling techniques and their application to specific business problems (optimization, simulation, classification/regression modeling, etc.).
- Experience with Big Data Technologies like AWS, Azure and Snowflake (preferred but not required).
- Highly proficient programming skills in Python and SQL.
Internal Use Only: Job Band D