Washington State Organizational Development, Administrative Assistant (AA3 2018-11043) Olympia in Olympia, Washington
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family and medical leave.
We are in need of an Administrative Assistant 3 (AA3) to provide support to the Chief Learning Officer and the Organizational Development unit. Paving the path to engagement for all agency staff, this team provides agency wide training and lean engagement development, ensuring that ESD staff have opportunities to learn and grow. As the backbone of our team, you'll be the first point of contact for our customers, and will oversee the daily operations of our office ensuring we are equipped with the operational resources needed to best serve our customers.
Your ability to problem solve, and commitment to providing value-added services to our customers are needed on our team. If this sounds like the right fit for you, then we encourage you to apply now!
In this role you will support the Chief Learning Officer, the Organizational Development Team and the Lean Engagement Team. You'll be relied upon for managing administrative operations and providing coordinated support. You will work with agency administrative assistants to arrange all coaching appointments with executives and senior management, and perform administrative functions and coordinated support.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Providing all administrative support to the Chief Learning Officer including:
- coordinating events
- creating leave forms.
- Supporting the LED Manager with travel and major event planning.
- Supporting the Training and Development Manager with scheduling coaching appointments and locations.
- Supporting the HRD, AA5 as a backup.
- Performing all new hire employee actions including welcome packets, parking passes, facilities requests, IT equipment acquisition and badging.
- Providing personnel and payroll administrative support, and performing timecard backup duties for the Chief Learning Officer. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work. Please Note: Formal education will substitute year-for-year for experience. Supplemental Information
Please attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete. Other Information
Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
- This recruitment may be used to establish a qualified pool of AA3 candidates for agency-wide vacancies in the next six months.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Veteran's Preference Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!
Modern Workplace ESD's employee engagement survey scores improved by 8 percent in 2017. Our agency is devoted to ongoing improvement and continues to develop strategies and programs to enhance the employee experience. We are working to create a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Jeanette Nelson at 360-902-9544 if you have any questions regarding this posting. You can also email us at HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
Salary: $34,008.00 - $44,208.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2018-11043
Closing: 11/18/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact