Washington State Office Assistant - Accounting & Human Resources in Olympia, Washington
Job Title:Office Assistant Reports To: Staff Coordinator, Accounting & Human Resources Start Date: December 17, 2018 Salary:$2,714/mo.
The Washington State Senate is recruiting to fill a temporary, full-time Office Assistant position in the Accounting and Human Resources office for the 2019 legislative session (January 14 to April 28). The Office Assistant will serve as the initial point of contact for staff, Senators, and vendors. The position will provide assistance by answering general questions and perform a variety of routine clerical duties.
This position is exempt and non-partisan. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday and will include working on holidays during the legislative session.
- Answer phone and electronic inquiries.
- Track and contact staff regarding payroll & personnel paperwork.
- Utilize spreadsheets and word processing software to create/update documents, forms, etc.
- Navigate web-based applications to assist in various duties.
- Duplicate and distribute materials.
- File documents accurately, based upon established record keeping policies.
Compose and edit correspondence and documents. Qualifications
Education/experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Communicate well and present oneself in a professional manner, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced office environment, independently and as a team.
- Strong organizational skills, specifically to prioritize multiple tasks while accommodating numerous interruptions.
- Knowledge of software applications, notably MS Office suite: Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of staff, Senators, administrators, and vendors while maintaining strict confidentiality. Supplemental Information
How to apply: Please submit the following information by Sunday, November 25, 2018:
- A letter of interest addressing the specific qualifications and your knowledge, skills, and abilities that are applicable to this position. No more than two pages in length.
- A current resume detailing your experience and/or education.
- A list of at least three professional references listing current telephone number and/or email contact information. Please send application (electronic application is preferred) and direct questions to:
Derrick Wulff Human Resource Consultant PO Box 40482 Olympia, WA 98504-0482 email@example.com Phone: (360) 786-7577
The Washington State Senate is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact Derrick Wulff, in the human resources office at (360) 786-7577, or e-mail Derrick.Wulff@leg.wa.gov.
Salary: See Position Description
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Exempt
Department: Washington State Senate
Job Number: Admin - 11/9/2018
Closing: 11/25/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact