Oracle Master Principal GPU/HPC Cloud Architect (Remote within US) in Olympia, Washington
Your mission is to work with Oracle’s largest customers/partners on migration/net new strategies to move their intellectual property software and to develop their next-generation offerings on the Oracle Cloud. You will work with internal business development strategists, and several other internal Oracle service delivery teams, including Product Management and Development to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architecture blueprints that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud services. In collaboration with customers/partners sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers and help our customers accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud IaaS and Managed services, i.e. Network, Compute, Storage as well as Open Source platforms such Container Engine (Managed Kubernetes/Docker Services).
Job Responsibilities/Top Qualifications:
• Hands on technical architect responsible to build and manage large compute (GPU/HPC) clusters, troubleshoot issues for POC and production deployments. Implement solutions and ensure successful deployments through code development and scripting.
• Build automated cluster deployment tool using Terraform and Ansible.
• Work with some of the largest Oracle customers to grow business in a pre sales and technical consulting role.
• Define new tailored HPC/GPU solutions based on business requirements
• As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers/partners understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
• Work with top customers/partners to help shape and execute a strategy to develop their next-gen SaaS offerings on the Oracle Cloud.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Oracle.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support.
• Leverage your influencing skills and unmatched enthusiasm to support sales leaders and highly motivated sales consultants and cloud specialists in closing deals with customers.
• Develop deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud.
• Lead the efforts to share best-practice knowledge amongst the Oracle Cloud community. You will learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
• Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Cloud services across various customers/partners segments.
Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
Demonstrate a solid understanding of IaaS, HPC, GPU technologies, Linux OS and networking and security requirements for running GPU/HPC applications in the cloud.
Expertise with designing on premises / Cloud based HPC/GPU deployments and Cloud native HPC solutions
Scripting capability in one or more languages – Python, powershell, shell/bash,etc, Terraform and Ansible for node software install/configuration.
Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, RDMA, InfiniBand, cluster networking and running MPI jobs
Working knowledge of distributed/parallel file systems and storage appliances
Working knowledge of GPUs and GPU applications.
Experience with HPC deployment and middleware technologies (Bright Cluster manager, Altair PBS Pro, SLURM, Torque MOAB)
Experience with Container Engine (Managed Kubernetes/Docker Services)
Business Experience: Understand the challenges in working with large customers. 5+ years of pre sales or technical consulting.
Passion : Working with top customers/partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
Creativity : Enjoy creating and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of Oracle Cloud.
High acumen : for assessing, compiling great technical content, and white papers about emerging technologies and industry developments.
Collaboration : Enjoy and have experience with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, and other program initiatives targeted at specific audiences e.g. developers and IT pros.
No Fear: dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Connector : The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Strategic Thought Leadership : You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Education: Bachelor and/or Masters level degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or other relevant discipline.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated locations only
US: Hiring Range: from $137,900 to $232,300 per annum. May be eligible for equity and compensation deferral. Eligible for commission with an estimated pay mix of 70/30.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle US offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
Short term disability and long term disability
Life insurance and AD&D
Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
11 paid holidays
Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
Paid parental leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Financial planning and group legal
Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know by calling +1 888 404 2494, option one.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer
- Oracle Jobs