Xylem Manager Technical Solutions in Olympia, Washington
We’re Hiring for a Manager of Technical Solutions!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Manager, Technical Solutions assists the Director of Sales and the Regional Distribution Network in the promotion and support of the Sensus advanced metering portfolio for the water utility market. The MTS position will be overseen and directed by the Director of Sales for the specific region, but functions autonomously in the promotion, sale, application and problem solving required in all aspects of Automatic Meter Reading, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Water Smart Metering. This position requires strong training skills and the ability to coach the entire sales channel through the sales process at all levels within the utility. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
· To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Attainment of annual sales revenue and profit plan.
· Develop full comprehension of Sensus corporate objectives.
· Support Sales Staff with technical details related to AMR/AMI Sales.
· Set-up/Demonstrate products: Meters, Reading Equipment, Software, Interoperability Lab.
· Provide detailed documentation on products/services as needed during sales process.
· Deliver high level or detailed AMR/AMI/Meter presentations effectively.
· Produce and Deliver material and Presentations for high/low level meetings.
· Provide support and detailed content to Territory Manager/Distributor for RFP/RFI opportunities.
· Manage/Approve propagation study requests assigned by Territory Manager/Distributor.
· Submit re-run requests as needed with field feedback on requirements.
· Present case studies and market/product information in Regional/National Industry Conferences.
· Collect and distribute customer reference lists.
· Expected to understand all aspects of all Sensus products to provide: Emergency
· Troubleshooting in the field, Effective Sales Strategy, Application expectations to customers.
· High level of network architecture knowledge to assist in troubleshooting and pre-deployment planning.
· High level of RF knowledge pertaining to FlexNet and Competitive systems.
· Provide emergency troubleshooting for after-hours support needs.
· Escalate customer support tickets as necessary within Technical Support.
· Assist in scheduling RNI/Security Patch upgrades on required FlexNet systems.
· Develop/Deliver training programs to Distribution and Field Sales on all Sensus related products.
· Provide ad-hoc training to customers as needed to fill gaps from formal training by Sensus Training Group.
· Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical area
· 5+ years’ relevant and successful technical support experience with technically complex products.
· Ability to understand, convey, train and troubleshoot the technical aspects of water measurement, electronic instrumentation, and AMI networks
· Highly proficient with PC skills, software, data communications, computer networking, RF networks
· Excellent training and communication skills with the ability to train at all levels within the sales channel and utility
· Must be located within the defined sales region
· Ability, willingness and desire to travel as needed (up to 60%)
· The employee is expected to be ethical and professional at all times
· Must be able to exercise good judgment, demonstrate superior customer support qualities, and communicate the company vision, purpose and value to the customer
· Must convey a professional and positive image that promotes and enhances the Sensus brand.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
The working environment for this role is a standard office environment. The employee may be required to travel extensively via automobile or airfare. The position must be based within a territorial area of responsibility and is typically performed in a form-based work environment.
The estimated salary range for this position is $80,000 to $105,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.
- Xylem Jobs