Flagstar Bank Loss Mitigation Single Point of Contact - Bilingual Spanish: Remote in Olympia, Washington
Job Summary The Loss Mitigation Single Point of Contact (SPOC) serves as a main point of contact for borrowers facing a financial hardship and requesting loss mitigation assistance by offering support and guidance during the loss mitigation review process. All functions must be completed within the production and quality standards. Role requires utilization and understanding of multiple servicing systems, applications and reporting. Role requires accuracy and attention to detail, strong organization skills, independent problem solving ability and excellent communication skills. Pay Range: Local Minimum Wage - \$18.62 - \$24.00 Job Responsibilities: Perform Functions of a Loss Mitigation SPOC. Role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout the Loss Mitigation SPOC process under general supervision, including:
- Communicate directly with the borrower to explain loss mitigation options, how to apply for assistance, and provide status updates during the review period.
- Coordinate the receipt of all necessary documents and notify the borrower of any required documents necessary to complete the application
- Timely respond to borrower requests and/or messages
- Properly document all borrower communications in Flagstar Bank\'s system of record
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and investor/insurer requirements and timeframes that may impact default servicing operations.
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Loss Mitigation Process, and how individual role contributes to meeting or exceeding these goals;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of role
- Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.w
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- At least 1 to 3 years of default mortgage financial services experience, preferred in Loss Mitigation
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Advanced Spanish language skills
- Self-Driven, Personally Accountable Personality
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Ability to handle high production volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer focus
- Typical work hours Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm, overtime as needed
Internal Use Only: Job Band J-Hourly