Washington State IT Data Management Journey (ITDMJ/ETS) in Olympia, Washington
IT Da*ta Management Journey* 70005425
*Important Note: *Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per week through July 25, 2020, and one day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
The ideal candidate: The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with Microsoft SQL server, Amazon web services or any other cloud services. If you pride yourself on your work ethic, analytical abilities, and problem solving abilities, this may be the opportunity for you!
Background: The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) division is the agency’s designated technology provider for the Health Care Authority. Application Development & Support (ADS) within ETS delivers innovative Information Technology (IT) solutions for enterprise-class business applications that support the mission of Health Care Authority divisions and business groups. ADS leverages employee expertise in software design and architecture as well as integration of IT resources to engineer high-quality, cost-effective solutions in partnership with business and project stakeholders.
Position Objective: This information technology position provides expert-level services to maintain, secure and administer database infrastructure. As a Database Administrator for HCA, this position provides expert level consultation in the areas of database design, data security and relational database management systems. At an enterprise level, this position works in a team of Database Administrators that is responsible for database infrastructure design, database security, database performance and data integrity of the database systems/solutions operated, supported and maintained by HCA.
Some of what this position does:
Administer, secure and support databases and database environments.
Serve as the expert technical specialist for database infrastructure.
- Provide expert-level consultation and technical expertise in planning, design and implementation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of database backup, recovery and disaster recovery policies and processes.
- Work closely with other database administrators and senior IT staff to define and determine short and long-term database needs.
- Monitor enterprise database activities, determine ways to optimize database performance and tune database parameters for optimum performance.
- Responsible for the integrity of the data, and review data model designs to ensure accuracy and integrity.
Provide technical support and guidance in database design and technologies.
- Provide technical guidance regarding database design to other IT and business staff members.
- Provide consultation to application/solution development staff and make recommendations
- Perform needs/requirements analysis by working with business users.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies.
- Five years of information technology experience as a database administrator consulting, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining database infrastructure and database solutions.
- Five years of experience in performing installation, configuration, patching, upgrade and migration of SQL Server databases.
- Five years of experience in database security design and implementation, database storage and capacity planning, database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Four years of experience in deploying, administering and managing SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology area.
- Two years of experience in migrating databases to cloud technologies.
- Two years of experience in administering database solutions utilizing cloud technologies.
ABOUT HCA The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is committed to whole-person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents. HCA purchases health care for more than 2.5 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
What we have to offer:
- Meaningful work with friendly co-workers who care about those we serveVoices of HCA
- A clear agency mission that drives our work and is person-centeredHCA's Mission, Vision & Values
- A healthy work/life balance, including alternative/flexible schedules and mobile work options.
- Infants in the workplaceInfants at the Workplace Video
- A great total compensation and benefit packageWA State Government Benefits
- A safe, pleasant workplace in a convenient location with restaurants, and shopping nearby.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- And free parking!
About Olympia and Washington State Washington State offers a total work/life package of pay, benefits, flexibility, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and out of life. Washington State is a great place to work, play, and be a part of a community, offering quality of life that is unsurpassed. From the high energy urban center of Seattle, one of the nation's top ranked cities, to the more relaxed pace of our rural communities, Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature.
Please note: This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
In addition to the positions currently listed, this recruitment announcement may be used to fill additional positions, for up to 60 days from the time of the initial posting date.
How to Apply: Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position
- Current resume
- Three professional references, including a minimum of one past supervisor If you have questions about the process, or need reasonable accommodation, please contact the recruiter before the posting closes.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1180 or email HCAJobs@hca.wa.gov
*Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. *
Salary: $77,544.00 - $101,748.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Health Care Authority
Job Number: 2020-06558
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact