Washington State DCYF - Electronic Attendance Program Manager - Olympia in Olympia, Washington
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families is a new cabinet agency in Washington State that has been established for the purpose of delivering existing services in a way that produces better outcomes for children, youth, and families served by the State of Washington.
We're looking for a* Program Specialist 5*to join our team to help build DCYF, work toward our vision that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community."
The Opportunity: Electronic Attendance Program Specialist (EAPS) – PS5 This position directly communicates with and assists electronic attendance system vendor representatives and providers using electronic attendance systems. The position ensures provider attendance records submitted through those systems comply with Subsidy Program attendance record rules, particularly as related to provider billing, overpayment, and fraud issues. The EAPS coordinates with DCYF Subsidy Policy and Subsidy Quality Assurance Units, and DCYF Licensing/Oversight Division, to ensure provider compliance with program and licensing rules and expectations, and to prevent fraud and works under administrative direction with DCYF's Electronic Attendance Desk for the System to ensure technical assistance and policy requirements align.
This position has organization-wide program management responsibilities related to electronic attendance systems and works with child care subsidy programs to create/revise/update policies, and procedures and practice standards – both internally and for distribution externally to providers. The EAPS provides high level advice and consultation to executive management, internal departments and outside organizations with varying issues, diverse and conflicting interests including collecting electronic attendance data.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Answer and respond to questions from providers and internal staff regarding electronic attendance policies, requirements, and procedures in person, by telephone, or in writing.
- Interpret, explain to providers, and apply relevant Washington Administrative Code regarding electronic attendance systems
- Manage the Exception to Rule process for evaluating and deciding on the exemption of providers from the electronic attendance requirements
- Provide ongoing support to providers using electronic attendance, either their own system or DCYF's procured solution, to ensure compliance with subsidy attendance requirements
- Evaluates and determines if there needs to be updates to the Electronic Attendance System User Manual
- Maintain and publish ongoing updates to the Electronic Attendance System User Manual policies, procedures, and steps.
- Participate in ongoing system configuration for the electronic attendance system procured by DCYF
- Research and provide recommendations for policies, procedures, practices and guidelines for electronic attendance
- Develop standards, policy, and procedure for referring suspicious provider attendance and billing for fraud investigation
- Research and respond to IT Help Desk inquiries as to policy issues arising out of provider and consumer use of electronic attendance systems
What we are looking for: Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of experience, or a Master's degree and two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
Human Services, Early Childhood Education, Public Policy or a related field including planning, policy analysis, coordination and consultation with a variety of public and private agencies, organizations, and/or levels of government. (Experience in child care subsidy may be substituted, year for year, for the required education) AND Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications across diverse audiences on a range of complex and technical issues.
Ability to work with independent researchers, including contract development and monitoring.
Ability to locate, understand, and apply data and reports published by other entities that may lend themselves to assisting with assigned research projects
*In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have: *
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Experience in early learning in Washington in the last five years
- Event/meeting planning and facilitation experience
- Experience as product owner for a significant IT project in the last five years
How do I apply? In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position and why you feel you are best qualified
- Current resume detailing experience and education
Supplemental Information: The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com or (360) 407-1419 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Salary: $4,953.00 - $6,496.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept of Children, Youth, and Families
Job Number: 2019-07762
Closing: 8/20/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact