Washington State Data Governance Specialist (MA4/CQCT) in Olympia, Washington
Data Governance Specialist Management Analyst 4 71042549 $5,102 - $6,691 monthly
This is a Project position.
*Important Note: *Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per week through July 25, 2020, and one day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
This is a new and exciting role that will have large impacts on Washingtonians and you have the opportunity to be a part of transformation efforts! You will have the opportunity to be a Data Governance (DG) specialist on a cross-agency, cross-divisional team to design, develop, document, and communicate Data Governance guidelines, policies, and procedure for HCA’s data assets utilized for the Healthier Washington initiative – Transformation project. Our ideal candidates doesn’t just tolerate change they LOVE change! Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where you can influence change across a large organization? Do you have experience managing complex initiatives? Do you enjoy leading change management efforts? Do you believe that data is one of an organization’s most valuable assets? If you answered yes to these questions and meet the qualification listed below then we want to see your application.
Context: Within the Health Care Authority, the Healthier Washington initiative charts a bold course for transformative change in health and health care in Washington State. The state has entered into an agreement with the federal centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for a five-year program (Transformation) of up to $1.5 billion that will transform the delivery and financing of health services to Medicaid beneficiaries in keeping with the Healthier Washington goals. Through partnership with agencies including the Department of Social and Health Services and the Department of Health, as well as collaborative engagement of the state’s accountable communities of health (ACHs), the Healthier Washington team of policy, technical and operational professionals is designing and implementing one of the state’s largest and most visible health reform efforts to date.
About the position: This position reports directly to the Data Governance Manager within the Clinical Quality & Care Transformation division under the direction of the Chief Data Officer. The Data Governance Program is responsible for creation, maintenance and oversight of policies and procedures tied to data governance at the enterprise level. This position will work in collaboration with all divisions of the agency to create and support HCA’s Enterprise Data Roadmap. This position will function as a data governance expert on a cross-agency, cross-divisional team to design, develop, document, and communicate Data Governance guidelines, policies, and procedure for HCA’s data assets utilized for the Healthier Washington initiative – Transformation project. The Data Governance Specialist will interact most closely with data teams including the analytics and research team, Data Governance Manager and data stewards, and Privacy Office, but will work with staff across all levels of the agency.
Some of what you will do:
Operationalize the HCA Metadata Process.
- Lead a cross divisional workgroup to develop an agency-wide process.
- Triage metadata creation priorities and requests and assign to metadata analyst and data domain stewards.
- Participate with executive management in developing the agency’s metadata strategy. Develop HCA’s Data Inventories and Portals.
- Lead implementation of annual Data and Systems Inventory process
- Work with ETS partners and DG ecosystem to ensure accurate record of data and systems inventory is maintained in scalable system (ie Collibra) Data Governance Committees and Ecosystem.
- Convene, facilitate, and support data governance committee meetings.
- Provide expert advice and consultation to executive management, internal departments and outside organizations to identify and research outstanding Transformation data governance issues.
*Required Qualifications: *
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business management, public administration or related field
- 3 years of experience managing complex initiatives with broad stakeholder group
- 1 years change management experience
- 1 years working on quality assurance or process improvement such as Lean
- Solid independent judgement and self-motivation.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions, prioritize workload, manage deadlines, and organizes workflow.
- Proven leadership skills to motivate a team to deliver targeted results
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and key leaders internally and externally
- High degree of computer literacy. Experience with Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and other technologies.
- Experience in governing data sources and data product release.
- Experience working with state owned data sources.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration or closely aligned field.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare data, infrastructure, and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse work groups that deal with complex aspects of healthcare and public health data including work groups that are composed of members with varied professional credentials, education, and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in managing data lifecycle policies and procedures, including development of data quality thresholds. ABOUT HCA The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is committed to whole-person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents. HCA purchases health care for more than 2.5 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
What we have to offer:
- Meaningful work with friendly co-workers who care about those we serve _Voices of HCA_
- A clear agency mission that drives our work and is person-centered _HCA's Mission, Vision & Values_
- A healthy work/life balance, including alternative/flexible schedules and mobile work options.
- Infants in the workplace _Infants at the Workplace Video_
- A great total compensation and benefit package _WA State Government Benefits_
- _A safe, pleasant workplace in a convenient location with restaurants, and shopping nearby. _
- Tuition reimbursement.
- _And free parking! _
About Olympia and Washington State Washington State offers a total work/life package of pay, benefits, flexibility, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and out of life. Washington State is a great place to work, play, and be a part of a community, offering quality of life that is unsurpassed. From the high energy urban center of Seattle, one of the nation's top ranked cities, to the more relaxed pace of our rural communities, Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature.
*How to Apply: * Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position
- Current resume
- Three professional references, including a minimum of one past supervisor If you have questions about the process, or need reasonable accommodation, please contact the recruiter before the posting closes. Please note:
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1180 or email Sanyu.Tushabe@hca.wa.gov.
*Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. *
Salary: $61,224.00 - $80,292.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Department: Health Care Authority
Job Number: 2020-07321
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact