Washington State Customer Service Specialist 2 - Vehicle and Vessel Operations, Support Unit in Olympia, Washington
The Department of Licensing is seeking a smart, reliable, and friendly Customer Service Specialist to join our Vehicle & Vessel Licensing Team! Bring your computer skills and ability to type at least 40 words per minute, and we'll train you on providing world-class customer service.
Our Customer Service Specialist will provides "Help Desk" support to a high volume of customers while maintaining vehicle and vessel record integrity, providing excellent customer service both in person and over the phone. In this role, you would determine conformance with laws, research to solve problems, and serve as the liaison between the customer and the department.
This position is critical to the agency's success and provide an opportunity for positive and dedicated individuals to learn, grow, and start a meaningful and rewarding career in public service!
Please Note This is a non-permanent position. We anticipate the position will last approximately 6 months; however, non-permanent appointments may be extended or ended with one day notice.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Required Qualifications Applicants who possess the following qualifications may be referred to the hiring manager:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One year of experience with Microsoft office systems including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- One year of experience navigating the internet to find and download information.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
Preferred Qualifications Applicants who also possess the following may receive additional consideration by the hiring manager:
- One year of professional or customer service experience in vehicle or vessel tilting and registration.
- One year of experience with the Department of Revenue, Department of Transportation, or Department of Licensing specialized programs and systems.
- Six months of experience creating and implementing training materials related to job functions.
- Six months of experience with LEAN or Continuous Process Improvement.
Why work at DOL? We impact more citizens directly than any other state agency and have a strong mission, vision, values, goals and agency culture. We are focused on our commitment to great service, advancing public safety and consumer protection through licensing, regulation and education and collecting revenue that supports our state's transportation system. We are a diverse organization that values integrity, inclusion, respect, results and service excellence. And we have a positive agency culture where employees are engaged, empowered, and appreciated. Find out what our own employees have to say about DOL's Culture and Diversity*!*
We also value wellness and promote a family-friendly culture where a healthy work life balance is supported. And, in addition to our State's excellent benefits package, we offer an outstanding tuition assistance program! Come enjoy life in Olympia, Washington! Olympia was named one of 2018's Top 100 Best Places To Live by Livability.com. Learn more about life in the capital city!
Union Inclusion This position is included in a bargaining unit represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). For membership questions, contact the local Union Representative.
How to Apply To be considered for this position, the following steps are required:
- Select the large Apply button at the top of this job announcement. If you haven't already done so, you will need to create an applicant profile.
- Ensure the work history section of your applicant profile is current and thorough, clearly stating any and all qualifications you possess related to this specific position, as well as your current salary information.
- Upload and attach your cover letter specific to this position and your current resume. Your materials must also include three professional references with name, title, and current contact information. References may be listed in your applicant profile, included on your resume, or uploaded as a separate attachment. Additional references are accepted.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application process, contact the recruiter listed below prior to when this job posting closes AND before you submit your application.
Veteran's Preference Notice To take advantage of veteran's preference, please do the following:
- Email a copy of your DD214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22 or USDVA signed verification of service letter to HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov
- Use a subject line of "VET for VVO CSS2 19-008"
- Include your name as it appears on your application in careers.wa.gov
The candidate pool certified from this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to six months.
The Washington State Department of Licensing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex (including gender identity), marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process, during the recruitment process, or who need this job announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-902-4000 or may email HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our ASL interpreter via Video Phone at 360.339.7344.
Contact Us For inquiries about this position, please contact Kimberleigh Amarige at 360.902.4003 or email HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov. Please use a subject line that includes* "VVO CSS2 19-008"*
Salary: $2,638.00 - $3,409.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Licensing
Job Number: 19-008
Closing: 1/20/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact