Black & Veatch Architectural/Engineering Technician (BIM Technician) - Data Centers - Virtual in Olympia, Washington
Architectural/Engineering Technician (BIM Technician) - Data Centers - Virtual
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 38082
Job Title : Architectural/Engineering Technician (BIM Technician) - Data Centers - Virtual
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-DATA CENTERS-DC
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
As a member of the Data Centers / Mission Critical team at Black & Veatch, you will be part of a progressive, growing business within a global organization recognized for consistently delivering impactful solutions for over a century. This team specializes in delivering Data Centers/Mission Critical facility planning, design, engineering, construction, technology, and energy services to our valued clients.
Black & Veatch Data Center team is looking for an experienced BIM technician who can support production needs of projects as well as act as an overall BIM Coordinator. The technician must be versatile and willing to support multiple disciplines (architecture, civil, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical), as needed. It is understood the technician may currently specialize in one discipline.
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the REVIT models and coordination with all disciplines models. In addition to design and production responsibilities, may direct efforts of other technicians on assigned projects. Asks questions and challenges the status quo when applicable.
• Take prepared Revit templates from the BIM specialist and coordinate project specific needs with each discipline BIM Lead.
• Assist BIM Specialist in preparing Standard Graphics Template per project BIM/CAD standards.
• Coordinate and lead a project BIM kick-off meeting with all disciplines and subcontractors.
• Establish a project-specific electronic file collaboration plan with outside firms (if required).
• Coordinate and lead ongoing project BIM meetings (weekly or bi-weekly).
• Serve as main point of contact for project related BIM/CAD issues, implement “best practices” procedures, and coordinate troubleshooting as needed.
• Communicate all BIM/CAD questions/issues to PM/PDM or Design Leads.
• Coordinate the creation of project-specific Revit content.
• Lead and coordinate the interdisciplinary clash detection effort.
• Coordinate periodic interdisciplinary model review meetings.
• Coordinate the project BIM/CAD efforts with external partners or subcontractors (if required).
• Perform Revit file maintenance to ensure optimal file size and maximize performance.
• Perform BIM/CAD QC for projects outside of coordination responsibilities.
• Contribute to the development or enhancement of new or existing “best practices.”
• Coordinate drawing submittal packaging at each project milestone, including:
• Assist in developing QC/submittal milestone schedule with tasks, dates, and times.
• Communicate project deadlines for having drawing files ready to assemble.
• QC hard-copy and electronic deliverables for compliance with BIM/CAD standards.
• Assemble electronic and hard-copy deliverables (as required).
• Communicates and sets appropriate design and graphic standards
• Reviews project requirements in conjunction with department specific requirements and accurately determines the contents of the required deliverables
• Promotes quality within project/group
• Ensures deliverables are in compliance with the standards for the project
• Participates in process improvement activities as assigned
• Demonstrates personal accuracy and drives continual improvement efforts
• Applies architectural/engineering principles and design practices to develop design concepts and deliverables
• Coordinates deliverables, delegates' production design as applicable
• May lead development activities relating to new/updated design applications or processes
• Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development
• Communicates project design requirements, progress and schedules
• May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of record drawings or information to take off as-built quantities
• May provide work direction and guidance to others
Preferred design experience related to any of the following subject matters:
Associate Degree in Drafting or an Architecture/Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
Typically, 2+ years related work experience; prefer 4+ years
Architectural engineering design experience
REVIT and tool utilization
Imaginit Clarity and Newforma utilization
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Normal office environment
ENT: Engineering Technician
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Architecture, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs