PAE, Inc Aircraft Worker-78 in Oak Harbor, Washington
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Purpose and Scope:
With direction from high level workers, assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems, remove, clean, reinstall, or replace defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines.
1) Make repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker.
2) Remove, clean, reinstall or replace defective parts, accessories, and components.
3) Make adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments.
4) Obtain standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.
5) Service engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
6) Perform pre-flight, daily, turnaround, and post-flight maintenance inspections, miscellenaeous duties to service aircraft, and check brakes.
7) Perform 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
8) Tow, direct, ride brakes during aircraft movements on flight line or flight deck (shipboard).
9) Perform duties as a qualified Plane Captain/Plane Handler.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications directed by management must be completed within 60 working days of assignment.
• High School graduate or equivalent and a valid driver’s license required.
• Three (3) years actual and recent related experience in organizational level maintenance
• Prior experience as a qualified F/A-18 E/F/ EA-18G Plane Captain aircraft preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Work rotating shifts
• Travel for detachments in support of squadron operations.
• Secret Security Clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.