King County Washington EMS Instructor I & II - Short Term Temporary in Multiple locations in King County, Washington
The EMS Instructors I and II will teach basic Emergency Medical Services (EMS) skills to students completing basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and CPR Training.
This recruitment will be used to build a pool of Short Term Temporary EMS Instructors level I & level II.
Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public.
Work Location: Various locations throughout King County.
Contact: If you have questions regarding this job announcement, please call Nic Horea, Human Resources Analyst at (206)263-8736 or at email@example.com
Instruct initial or continuing education for EMTs. This includes:
- Initial Basic EMT classes;
- Continuing Medical Education;
Annual instructor workshops. Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Must currently be a certified EMT or paramedic in Washington State.
- Must currently be certified in both CPR and CPR Instructor
- Must have three years of experience (one re-certification cycle) as an EMT or paramedic.
- Must have instructional experience. For Instructor I positions 41 to 100 hours are required. For Instructor II positions 100 plus hours are required.
- Required to attend the annual King County EMT Instructor Workshop.
- Must have adult learning instructional and training experience (including large and small group facilitation, facilitation training, and curriculum implementation).
- Must have proven experience in facilitating difficult conversations with diverse student groups; fire fighters, police, private ambulance agencies, scholarship students, etc.
- Experience working with diverse and under-represented populations.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), analytical and presentation skills.
- Intercultural competency and responsiveness; strong cross-cultural communication and equity awareness and skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
Ability to treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires trust in others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values. Supplemental Information
This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/jobs.aspx
- Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Staff may be required to play a role as a first responder in the event of a Public Health emergency.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The selected candidate must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
UNION AFFILIATION: These positions are not represented by a Labor Union.
Salary: $38.06 - $48.25 Hourly
Location: Multiple locations in King County, WA
Job Type: Short Term Temporary, Part Time, Std Wkly Hrs Vary
Department: Public Health - Seattle and King County
Job Number: 18NH08502
Closing: 9/9/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104