Aerotek Structures Mechanic in Mukilteo, Washington
Aerotek is seeking to hire Structures Mechanics for an estimated 12-month project performing disassembly, repair, and reassembly of sheetmetal structural assemblies and components for commercial aircraft.
Primarily fuselage disassembly/inspection/reassembly and Passenger entry door & cargo door disassembly/inspection/reassembly.
• Remove and reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or fastening, using clamps, wrenches and other common tools. (Structural repair, modifications and installations, may include fabrication and installation of doublers, triplers, gussets, stringers, frames,etc)
• Read work orders, blueprints and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
• Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
• Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
• Repair defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, drills and grinders.
• Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
• Removal and installation of various types of fasteners such as rivets, hi-locks etc.
• Implement modifications as per provided work instructions and blue prints
• Drilling of different materials such as composites, aluminum and titanium
• Composite repairs such as potting, plugging and surface repairs
• Application of various adhesive and sealants
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Highly competent blueprint reading
4+ years recent experience in aircraft heavy structures repair
Must be eligible for access badge
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs