Washington State DSHS ESH Physician in Medical Lake, Washington
DSHS's Behavioral Health Administration is excited to have opportunities for a Physician *or Internist *to join our team at Eastern State Hospital. Our goal is to hire a dedicated and dynamic Family Medicine Physician (MD or DO) who is comfortable working in an inpatient psychiatric setting.
Working closely with multiple disciples, you'll have an influential voice advocating for the physical and medical needs of the people we serve. You'll provide treatment to a small adult patient population that includes a variety of forensic, geriatric, and disability challenges. As a ESH Physician, you'll build relationships with patients and provide patient-focused medical care with the goal of healthy discharge into the resident's community.
Your role within the hospital:
- Direct, review and provide primary medical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment services to patients; prescribe necessary medication
- Perform admission and physical examinations; evaluation of laboratory tests
- Provide preventative maintenance care; formulate treatment plans
- Review medical histories, diagnostic tests, medication regime, and clinical diagnostic procedures
- Perform daily rounds and assess and treat onset of new medical problems
- Implement health prevention guidelines and coordinate referrals to team members as specialty consultants
- Perform minor surgical procedures, deliver emergency medical responses and mortality and morbidity reviews
What makes Eastern State Hospital an employer of choice for Physicians?
- One of the biggest perks unique about public service is that we are not driven by production, this allows for our Physicians the ability to focus on developing creative approaches to treatment and emphasizing patient care over profit.
- You'll experience a quality work-life balance with staff hours that are Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm.
- A competitive base salary to $253,860 annually
- Day One benefit package that rivals any employer in Washington State
- WA State retirement pension program and Deferred Compensation Program
- Generous leave package, which includes 8 days CME leave
- $5,000 annual allowance for CME courses
- Opportunity to work on complex cases
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Tuition reimbursement incentive
- Relocation assistance
- DSHS provided support staff and operating expenses
- Weekends are weekends
- On-call work is voluntary and well-compensated at 1.25 time's regular pay
- A valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington or ability to obtain one by start of employment
- Eligible for certification from a program accredited by the American Board of Medical specialties
*Interested? *Please attach or send a resume or CV to Lindsey White at Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this opportunity, you are encouraged to contact the Recruiter, Lindsey White, by email at Lindsey.email@example.com or phone (360) 890-5962. Reference #07329
Location matters Washington State offers a total work/life package that includes competitive pay, benefits, flexibility and workplace opportunities all aimed at getting the most out of life. Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature. The job itself is located in Medical Lake which is situated in SW Spokane County, presenting the ideal place to live, work, play and be a part of a community. Year-round outdoor activities are especially plentiful given the area's natural beauty and four seasons. Urban life or rural nature; it's all within your reach.
#NowHiring #PhysicianJobs #InclusionWorks #WorkThatMatters #RetireWithUs Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Salary: See Position Description
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2020-07329
Closing: 11/30/2020 7:27 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact