Washington State DSHS DDA Nursing Assistant Certified - Attendant Counselor 2 in Medical Lake, Washington
*DSHS DDA Nursing Assistant Certified - Attendant Counselor 2 *
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities? Lakeland Village Residential Habilitation Center is currently seeking an Attendant Counselor 2 to lead our graveyard shift team in Medical Lake, Washington.
This position is a graveyard shift and a great opportunity to make real, lasting differences and Transform Lives!
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Act as a relief shift charge that gives verbal and written feedback/coaching, monitors staff and ensures that care is provided according to a Care Plan or Individual Habilitation Plan
- Ensure that all issues, environmental and other pertinent information is communicated timely and to appropriate people
- Provide specialized care, support and training for clients with intellectual disabilities
- Train and assist clients in their own self-care including bathing, dressing, grooming, and household skills including meal preparation, laundry, and financial management
- Accompany and supervise clients ensuring health and safety of clients to and from activities and appointments of daily living
- Observe, document and report physical, medical and behavioral changes
- Assist with medical and behavioral emergencies; provide health, safety, security and protection from abuse or neglect
- Provide feedback to Attendant Counselor Manager for Personal Development Plan input
What we're looking for:
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work holidays, weekends, or extended hours with short notice
- Experience working with developmental disabilities is desirable
Along with your online application, please submit:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
Who should apply? Professionals with a High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of experience working with people with intellectual disabilities.
If you have questions about job number 01438, contact Sharon Sterling via email at email@example.com.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
*Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. *Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Salary: $2,999.00 - $3,887.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-01438
Closing: 3/1/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact