Washington State DSHS Clinical/Medical Technologist 2 in Medical Lake, Washington
DSHS Clinical/Medical Technologist 2
The Department of Social and Health Services is seeking to hire a temporary Clinical/Medical Technologist 2 at Eastern State Hospital (ESH). You will be responsible to perform all necessary tasks to keep the lab functioning as a CAP accredited facility. You will also perform quality control analysis and be able to monitor and interpret results.
Are you ready to put your license and education to work? Do you want to be a Clinical/Medical Technologist 2, and a member of the amazing staff at Eastern State Hospital? If you answered yes to these questions, continue reading to see if this job is for you!
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Patient testing; perform complex patient testing in the areas of hematology, chemistry, immunochemistry and urinalysis.
- As the primary operator of the Beckman DxH600, review procedures for the hematology department, follow up on all technical bulletins pertaining to DxH600 and communicate with technical services and the lab supervisor when problems arise on the instrument.
- Review and initial lab reports completed by other clinical technologist and medical technicians for legibility, completeness and patient demographics.
- Ordering of supplies from in house sources, central supply and commissary.
- Process lab orders and perform patient blood draws.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of all hospital, state and federal regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the principles of universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Ability to work with difficult or angry patients in a therapeutic, non-threatening manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, peers, patients and the public as required to carry out the assigned duties.
- Phlebotomy experience.
Who should apply?
A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or equivalent field with a curriculum accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association AND certification with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent;
Certification in the specialized field appropriate to the laboratory division AND two years of experience as a Clinical/Medical Technologist 1 or equivalent.
For questions about this job announcement* (06901), *please contact Sharon Sterling at (360) 725-5861 or via email Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,871.00 - $5,077.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-06901
Closing: 7/26/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact