King County Washington Human Resources Analyst in Maple Valley, Washington
The Human Resources Unit of Solid Waste Division (SWD) in the King County Department of Natural resources and Parks (DNRP) is looking for an experienced and innovative Human Resources professional! This HR Analyst position will be primarily responsible for recruiting efforts in the Operations Section of the Solid Waste Division, including employee on boarding/off boarding activities and position management within the section. The Operations Section currently has one full time recruiter; however, due to the volume of recruitments, we are adding an additional recruiter position to the team. Other responsibilities of this position includes: providing administrative and analytical advice and support in leave administration, employee and labor relations, training, new employee orientation, maintain human resources related databases and other human resources functions under the direction of the divisions Human Resources Manager.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants. King County and the Solid Waste Division values diverse perspectives and life experience and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ, immigrants, refugees, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Work Location: Primary location: Cedar Hills Landfill, 16645 228th Avenue SE, Maple Valley, WA. Secondary location as needed: King Street Center - 201 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104
Work Schedule: This full time position works a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. This position is overtime eligible. The person in this position may be required to work extended and/or flexible hours to respond to service needs.
Forms and Materials required: Applicants must submit a (1) King County Application and (2) a letter of interest. The letter of interest should detail your background and describe how your education and/or experience meets the qualifications and has prepared you to perform the essential functions of the job.
About the Solid Waste Division: The Solid Waste Division (SWD) provides garbage transfer, disposal and recycling services for residents and businesses in all of King County, except for Seattle and Milton. SWD also provides hazardous waste disposal options and recycling education programs for its residents and small businesses. Beyond collection and processing, a vibrant healthy market for recycled material is paramount to the success of the solid waste system.
SWD's service area has a population of about 1.4 million, or approximately 70 percent of King County's population as a whole. Most of the customers live in incorporated areas of the county. King County customers dispose of more than 920,000 tons of solid waste each year.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Conduct and/or assist with the Division's recruiting activities including job posting optimization, recruiting and marketing channel development, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, identify and source appropriate talent for current open roles within the organization, develop talent pools and professional networks with a focus on increasing diversity; Mange the full recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments and screenings, interviews, job offers and on boarding activities.
- Participate in employment events such as career fairs.
- Work with and advise management on position management strategies within the section.
- Provide leave management support, including intake of Family and Medical Leave requests, communication with employees and supervisors and monitoring of leave use.
- Maintain and/or compile data utilizing spreadsheets, databases, and paper records. May involve data entry and developing and running queries.
- Develop recommendations on a variety of human resource issues; prepare statistical reports; compile, interpret, verify and correct data; perform calculations; prepare graphs, charts and other reports; and maintain human resources-related databases.
- Respond to inquiries, information requests, and requests for assistance from internal and external customers.
- Deal with sensitive situations and apply established rules, regulations, labor contracts and employment laws.
- Provide information, advice and consultation to employees, supervisors and managers on human resources related issues, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws, policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide support to bargaining teams in the preparation and negotiation of large/complex labor contracts.
- Handle confidential and sensitive issues including, but not limited to: basic investigations, personnel management, workforce planning, and personnel information.
- Write reports and complete other special analytical projects which will require demonstrated writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assist in developing and conducting training on various HR topics.
- Manage or assist in the administration of various annual human resources related projects such as Performance Appraisals and Merit Pay implementation, Executive Leave awards, temporary employee Body of Work Review and position management.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems that organize and track HR data.
- Undertake special assignments and projects as requested.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the unit's HRIS responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business, public administration, social sciences or closely related field and minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible human resources generalist experience, including recruiting in a unionized organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the skills necessary to perform the primary job duties.
- Working knowledge of human resources rules, regulations, policies and programs including EEO, disability accommodation, Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, etc.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment, prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to make quality decisions and take initiative.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a team.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Suite of applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet.
- Demonstrated skill in researching, interpreting and reporting information.
- Experience using PeopleSoft or a similar HRIS system to manage personnel information.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing using appropriate language and convincing arguments. Requires demonstrated writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong consulting and training skills; ability to be an effective advisor to management and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to the details of work assignments, and to organize and prioritize a high-volume workload while maintaining that level of attention.
- Ability to operate without well-defined policy, recognize precedent-setting situations, exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and maintain a positive rapport and credibility with a diverse group of people at all levels in the organization. Effectively interact with all levels of management and positively maintain collaborative relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to identify a problem or situation, logically diagnose cause, and follow-up through resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a high level of confidentiality and integrity when dealing with personnel issues that can be highly sensitive.
Our Most Competent Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience in using PeopleSoft software.
- Experience in using Neogov for recruitments.
- Experience in high level/high volume recruitment efforts for Public Sector positions.
Contact Information: Please direct questions about this recruitment to Prakash Meloot, Senior Human Resource Analyst at Prakash.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $36.01 - $45.64 Hourly
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Department: DNRP - Natural Resources & Parks
Job Number: 2019-09213
Closing: 1/24/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104