Washington State DSHS Financial Services Specialist 4 in Lynnwood, Washington
DSHS Financial Services Specialist 4 In-Training
Do you possess expertise in determining eligibility for federal and state financial, medical, or food assistance programs? If you're looking for a chance to move your career forward, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Join the Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, Home and Community Services in the Lynnwood office as a Financial Services Specialist 4. You will independently provide intensive and expert eligibility services to a high risk population who are medically and financially dependent and in need of the full range of HCS Long Term Services and Support services while complying with all confidentiality requirements.
Some of what you'll do:
- Determine eligibility and re-determine on-going eligibility for waivered service programs.
- Expedite eligibility in emergent situations such as expedited food assistance, facility closures and hospital discharges.
- Provide professionals case management and evaluate services for abroad range of individuals seeking Long Term Services and Support services.
- Conduct intensive face to face, telephone, and home visit interviews.
- Analyze and verify various complex legal documents to determine impact on Long Term Care eligibility.
- Act as a source of information for Social Service Specialists and Area Agency on Aging Case Managers, agency social workers, (internal and external), medical providers, guardians, authorized representatives and attorneys.
- Provide information and assistance to the community regarding questions and inquiries about HCS.
- Direct clients, representatives and caregivers to the appropriate person or agency for inquiries or problems that fall outside the scope of expertise.
- Input and receive data using multiple automated systems including: ACES, SSPS, Internet, Support Enforcement Maintenance System (SEMS), Electronic and Benefits Transfer Program (EBT), Barcode, ACES Online, ACES Online 3G and CARE systems, TPX Retirement Systems and Department of Health interface.
- Analyze written and oral information received.
- Investigate complaints/inquiries from the community as well as hot-line calls and analyze data for validity.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of department rules and requirements governing the administration of long term care programs administered by HCS.
- Knowledge of math and spelling basics with the ability to apply mathematical principals.
- Ability to travel to mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Ability to apply advanced interviewing techniques.
Who should apply? Professionals with a Bachelor's degree or experience examining/processing loan applications, medical insurance or rehabilitation claims, unemployment insurance claims, or in a customer service job where the major duties involve public contact, or a job providing staff support in financial eligibility determination will substitute, year for year, for education.
Out-of-State experience conducting financial eligibility determinations for public assistance to include financial, medical and food assistance programs will be considered toward experience.
This is an In-Training opportunity for Financial Services Specialist (FSS) 4. The job can be filled as an FSS 1 or FSS 2 based upon applicant's experience and previous training to develop the required skills within this specialized field.
Questions? Contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at 509-454-6914 and reference 02286 Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,827.00 - $4,577.00 Monthly
Location: Snohomish County – Lynnwood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2019-02286
Closing: 3/27/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact