Washington State DSHS ALTSA Supported Living Investigator in Lynnwood, Washington
DSHS Supported Living Investigator
The Department of Social and Health Services, Residential Care Services, is seeking an independently motivated and dedicated Supported Living Investigator (Long Term Care Surveyor) in Lynnwood, WA.
You'll conduct onsite provider practice investigations in Supported Living households. Your responsibilities include planning investigations, conducting interviews of victims, clients, provider staff, and other individuals possessing relevant information to evaluate conformity and determine compliance. You'll communicate investigation results by written report and verbal communication to Residential Care Services management and testimony at administration hearings. Join us today on our mission to Transform Lives!
Some of what you will do
- Gather and review evidence, including but not limited to client instruction/support information, client medical records, and staff personnel records
- Completion of accurate and timely written investigation reports
- Work cooperatively with department staff investigating abuse, neglect, abandonment, and/or misappropriation of client property
- Attends and participate in meetings including team evaluation of investigation results and reports and education/training events
What we are looking for
- Experience with conducting investigative processes and ability to conduct thorough investigations
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to the Supported Living program
- Experience interpreting and regulating healthcare settings according to federal and state laws and rules
- Ability to problem-solve and utilize excellent critical thinking skills
- Experience with beginning and advanced state investigator training
- Ability to be a good self-manager and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience and being comfortable working with individuals diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Who should apply
Professionals with a Master's degree in social work, speech pathology, occupational or physical therapy, psychology, special education, nutrition, sociology or an allied field, AND two years of professional experience in planning, administering, licensing, monitoring, or delivering social and health services programs.
Two years of experience may be substituted for a Master's degree provided the Bachelor's degree is in one of the above-referenced degrees.
Interested in applying? Please upload and attach a current resume, cover letter, and verification of degree to your application.
Questions? Contact Jourdan.Kovacs@dshs.wa.gov and reference 06323. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Salary: $56,856.00 - $74,604.00 Annually
Location: Snohomish County – Lynnwood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2020-06323
Closing: 10/28/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact