Weyerhaeuser Yard Supervisor in Longview, Washington
Our Western Timberlands Marketing Team has an opening for a Yard Supervisor at the Log Export Facility in Longview, WA. This location is the hub of the largest log export system in North America.
The role is part of a team that manages log inventory, oversight of production quality, ensures log accountability, and directs dock operations. The team is responsible for the daily management of the hourly union workforce, communication with customers and other sectors of the business, as well as oversight of all export yard operations. A uniquely rewarding opportunity awaits the successful candidate, consider joining our Marketing team today.
This is a salaried, exempt position, reporting to the Export Yard Manager. Must be flexible and effectively work with the export yard’s leadership team to get the needs of the business accomplished. This role involves some weekend duties/on-call responsibilities in a rotation with peers. Salary range varies based on qualifications and experience.
- Strong advocate for safety – role model safe work, lead accident prevention and related health and safety activities.
- Manage hourly employees within the framework of the labor agreement.
- Planning and coordinating the daily activities of the crew.
- Provide team and individual feedback (coaching and discipline).
- Use of Log Information Management System (LIMS).
- Perform audits, create reports, analyze data and assess operations looking for process improvements.
- Appropriate level of participation in ship scheduling and working with the stevedores.
- Facilitate resolution of team issues that may arise.
- Coordinate and oversee activities and projects with outside contractors
Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
BS degree in forestry, forest management, manufacturing, business, or relatable degree. (Years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree).
- Three (3) years’ of relevant work experience
- Must be a highly motivated, safety conscious and a self-directed team player.
- Ability to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations associated with an export dock.
- Excellent Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) needed to effectively function as part of a team.
- Able to develop, prioritize, plan, implement and manage activities to meet targets and deadlines.
- Willingness and competency to learn all the major functional areas of the marketing team.
- Perform multiple tasks as requested in a responsible business-like manner.
- Strong analytical skills w/proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Current driver’s license is required.
- Able to perform work in inclement weather, as well as learn and perform technical office work and analysis; work will include some swing shift and weekend work.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Yard Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01016227
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs