Weyerhaeuser TL Regeneration & Capital Analyst in Longview, Washington
As a Timberlands Regeneration / Capital Analyst at Weyerhaeuser, you will support the Timberlands Regeneration and Silviculture Business and the finance and planning organization by developing Timberlands financial reports and metrics, capital analysis and tracking, playing a key role in the Western Timberlands budgeting and forecasting processes, and performing ad hoc financial analysis in collaboration with your finance and business partners to help improve the financial results of the business. In this role, you will be an integral part of Weyerhaeuser’s Timberland Finance group, which is responsible for financial planning and analysis on behalf of our Timberland operations located across our 12 million acres. The position is located at our Timberlands office in Longview, Washington.
At Weyerhaeuser we believe trees are a remarkable resource that can, and should, be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits. For more than a century, we have been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable forest products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and support Timberlands financial reports, data, and key measures across our suite of information systems
- Support the ownership and maintenance of Timberlands financial planning and reporting applications across the Western Timberlands Business, with a focus on Weyerhaeuser’s Regeneration business in Washington and Oregon
- Support the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes through frontline meetings with business partners, critical thinking, and consolidation and analysis of information across Western Timberlands
- Champion data driven analysis within the organization by using empirical evidence and critical thinking to ask key business questions and improve business performance
- Enhance the insights and timeliness of financial analysis across the segment through innovation and process improvement
- Help maintain and govern standard financial internal controls across the Western Timberlands business to eliminate the opportunity for fraud
- Preparation of presentations supporting monthly business reviews, senior management meetings, and board of director meetings
- Other projects in support of the Western Timberlands Finance team
- Collaborate across departments with including HR, legal, accounting and information technology to identify and implement improvements of the effectiveness of systems, processes and reporting across the segment.
Experience:We place an emphasis on our candidates’ skills and drive to get the job done. We require 2-3 years of experience in a finance, business analyst or accounting role.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems or Accounting
Technical Skills:Strong analytical skills, including understanding of critical financial concepts such as net present value, internal rate of return. Strong technical skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel - including use of pivot tables, management of complex data sets and data modeling. Experience using SAP, Microsoft PowerBI, SQL, analytics, process automation or timberland related financial systems is a plus.
Drive:We are looking for someone who is eager to learn— to engage with subject matter experts and to look for opportunities to improve processes, while applying their technical expertise to ensure customer needs are met. In this role, it is important to be innovative and to keep it simple.
Communication:Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential for working effectively with a diverse set of internal and external clients.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Accounting & Finance
Title: *TL Regeneration & Capital Analyst *
Requisition ID: 01016092
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs